Apply for this job
||Central and Southern Scotland
||350.00-481.25 GBP per day
Working within an existing delivery team to provide effective day to day management to enable safe and efficient delivery of specific projects.
This position provides leadership in the functional area of Project Management and is primarily engaged in management activities that establish the direction of a project. The position requires the application of knowledge gained from experience and expertise to the job duties and responsibilities. The position will make decisions in areas that may impact budgets, policies, procedures, work practices, or compliance programs.
This role will involve working in Radioactive and Contaminated Controlled Areas, working at height and working in below ground tanks and vessels.
• Establishing a vision and proactive management to positively align a team in the achievement of common project goals and overall organisational objectives.
• Overall responsibility for ensuring the safe delivery of a project to time, cost and quality targets ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory process requirements with responsibility for leading the project to a successful conclusion.
• Provides leadership, management and governance to ensure the project meets specified stakeholder requirements and promote the principles as set out in PD25 Magnox Project Management Process and Procedures.
• Ensuring that projects and work packages meet the business commercial requirements
• Customer and stakeholder management externally and internally, consistent with the overall strategy of the business and delivery of programmes and projects.
• Defines project delivery baselines and operates project control processes (requirements capture, planning, cost, risk, trend analysis and change control).
• Resource and manage a multi-disciplinary project team using with active interfaces to secure specialist resources (safety, environmental, design etc.) as required.
• Ensure all project documentation is maintained to the required standards within the management system.
• Manages the development of a project risks and opportunities plan and instigates mitigation measures or other appropriate actions.
• Consider options for value engineering as well as the potential for changes to the scope/schedule/forecast costings.
• Provision of required project performance data (e.g. critical path analysis, float erosion, milestones, CPI, SPI and EVA ) to the Senior Project Manager or Programme Management team on a monthly basis.
• Lead CDM activities for the project in accordance with the project Health, Safety and Environment Management process.
• Manage interfaces with other projects as appropriate.
• To develop strategic knowledge of project and programme lessons learned and “best practice techniques”. Lead their application to maximise effectiveness of Company project delivery.
• Actively and effectively communicate with management teams, co-workers, clients, contractors and other stakeholders
• Motivate and manage team performance. Carry out staff appraisals and manage staff related issues in line with Company HR policy, process and procedures
• Identify development opportunities and training for direct reports and team members
• Take responsibility for the Health, Safety and Welfare of all team members in line with legislative requirements. Demonstrate and encourage a safety first working culture
• Actively promote environmental awareness/considerations and sustainability through the project delivery cycle
• Assist the Business Manager, Programme Manager, Senior Project Manager in discharging his or her strategic and capability development responsibilities.
• Deputise for the Senior Project Manager as required
• Other duties as assigned
Educated to HNC/D or equivalent in a relevant discipline
APM Practitioner Qualification or equivalent
Demonstrable experience in a highly regulated industry including; engineering, procurement, construction/construction management
Experience of performing functional tasks on projects
CITB Construction Site Manager’s Safety Certificate
NEC 3 contract training
Experience of working in complex organisations (Matrix Management).
Flexible and adaptable approach, willing to take on new work challenges
Ability to maintain high standards of performance with responsibility and accountability for successfully completing own assignments and tasks
Proactive communicator both internally and externally to the project
Customer focused with ability to develop and maintain positive and interactive project relationships
Leads by example to ensure that Company Values are promoted and upheld
Demonstrated active and innovative approach to problem solving and identifying solutions thinking, accountability, and adaptability skills
Proactive reporting of progress and status of assignments including appropriate follow up
Technical writing skills
Additional information about the process
Location: West Kilbride
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
Salary: 350 - 481.25 per day ltd
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org – 07599548238
This vacancy has been deemed inside of scope IR35.
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.