Apply for this job
Salary: Negotiable on experience
Contact details: Joanne Anders – 07927563874 / email@example.com
The Role Description
We are currently recruiting for a BI Developer to work on a perm basis with Capita to service our client’s BI Development needs. This is a solution design and delivery focused position.
Developers translate software requirements into workable programming code and maintain and develop programs for use in business. This role involves writing specifications and designing, building, testing, implementing and supporting applications using programming languages and development tools.
- Reviewing current systems
- Presenting ideas for system improvements
- Producing detailed specifications and writing the programme codes
- Testing the product in controlled, real situations before go live
- Maintaining the systems once they are up and running
Skills / Experience:
Apart from having previous experience in BI Development, you will need to display some experience in the following;
• Data Modelling and Design
• Database design
• Programming / Software development
• Systems integration and Build
• Systems Design
• Systems development management
• Configuration Management
• Change Management
• Software Design
• Real Time / Embedded Systems Development
Experience with the following would be a great benefit:
SQL Microsoft stack / Cognos space analytics / TM1 planning analytics / Tableau / Sharepoint
Preferably worked towards AGILE or ITIL way of working.
Candidates must be eligible to obtain SC level security clearance to be able to fulfill the duties of this role.
• Degree or postgraduate qualification in an IT-related subject or relevant work based experience
• Be trained at least to ITIL foundation and either appropriate ITIL Intermediate or other appropriate capability training
Knowledge of working within a SIAM operating model would be beneficial
• Relevant vocational qualification or equivalent experience (e.g. HNC / Prince 2 Foundations / Computer Science Degree)
• Experience of working in a similar role or environment for at least 3 years.
Additional information about the process