Apply for this job
||Central and South East
||18.53-18.53 GBP per hour
Title: Waste Coordinator
Location: Romney Marsh Kent
Rate: £18.52 per hour PAYE inside of IR35
Job Type: Contract,
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Natalie Mohamed – 07548 712 554
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Purpose of Role
To provide waste management co-ordination across the site to secure safe and compliant waste disposal.
• Provide waste management advice to projects and infrastructure teams.
• Provide support to Waste Specialists as required.
• Carry out timely investigation of events.
• Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
• Design, delivery and evaluation of training, acting as coach and mentor.
• Support colleague’s learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
• Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality.
• Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company’s Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
• The post holder may be required to fulfil a role in the Site Emergency Scheme.
In addition, a Waste Coordinator at a site has the following responsibilities:
• To coordinate waste management field operations to approved waste management procedures and standards
• Monitor site waste generation against agreed project schedules within the Lifetime Plan
• Support the off-site disposal of waste consignments as required
• Ensure site waste operation activities are executed safely and compliantly
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
Appropriate technical qualifications e.g. City & Guilds, BTEC, NVQ level 3 (NQF Level 3) or equivalent operational experience
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
Experience in an Operations/Health Physics/Waste environment
Working knowledge of relevant industrial, radiological and safety standards and procedures
Understanding of waste management processes and relevant environmental legislation
Additional information about the process
This role has been deemed in-scope of IR35
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.