Apply for this job
||Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Position: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Thurso / Site
Salary: Day rate (£75 per day travel and subsistence)
Job Type: Contract outside of IR35
Contact details: Carron.Smith@capita.co.uk / 07753 221031
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer required onsite requiring experience in writing technical specifications. Leading design development from requirements to project definition and development including conceptual and scheme design.
Desirable an understanding of Nuclear Waste Processing and a proven ability to manage specialist design teams including contractors.
Experience of nuclear containment, mechanical handling and size reduction equipment preferred
• Control and develop technical engineering strategies, plans and procedures.
• Design and evaluate the technical governance of projects.
• Establish and maintain Design Authority arrangements.
• Undertake project governance roles as required.
• Develop an effective technical organisation to manage fit for purpose engineering design and safety project delivery in support of the Site Performance Plan.
• Identify resource requirements to deliver engineering tasks.
• Identify, validate and approve engineering solutions for projects.
• Manage the preparation, approval and issue of technical specifications.
• Apply health, safety, environmental and waste management processes with engineering activities taking advice where necessary from appropriate specialists.
• Develop and execute an engineering and safety case delivery strategy, optimising plans to respond to changes when necessary.
• Support the project in the delivery of projects/programmes of work and sanction approvals.
• Validate the completion of activities to ensure compliance with procedures, legislation and quality standards.
• Provide independent verification and substantiation report.
• Ensure designs are compliant with the relevant regulations.
• Create and authorise design documentation including engineering reports, proposals, specifications, calculations, drawings and reviews.
• Control and resolve technical queries.
• Manage and deliver design tasks utilising internal and external resources.
• Approve design packages ensuring designs are compliant with the relevant regulations.
• Manage the mentoring of Design Office apprentices.
Degree in Engineering or equivalent based on Engineering Council Standard for Incorporated Engineers.
Minimum 5 years of Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
Additional information about the process
Closing date is 27 January 2020.
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Nuclear Works welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Nuclear Works is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business