Apply for this job
Position: Project Engineer
Location: Thurso / Site
Job Type: Contract outside of IR35
Contact details: Carron.Smith@capita.co.uk / 07753 221031
Project Engineer is required onsite with experience in writing technical specifications supporting a complex project during the feasibility and concept design phase.
An understanding of nuclear waste management principles and terminology will be required
A good understanding and experience of applying project management and governance processes
Ability to communicate with specialist, including contract design teams and experience of engaging and managing commercial contractors is desirable
• Control, develop and monitor plans and procedures.
• Design, evaluate and deliver the technical governance of projects.
• Identify resource requirements to prepare for/carry out activities.
• Develop appropriate solutions for operational problems.
• Write Technical Specifications.
• Apply health, safety, environmental and waste management processes with engineering activities taking advice where necessary from appropriate specialists.
• Undertake the professional management and execution of contract and project works including observation of work to identify industry standards are applied.
• Monitor implementation of plans and procedures to ensure compliance with project schedules, safety procedures and legislation.
• Liaise effectively with regulators and stakeholders on specific projects.
• Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to the post.
HND in Engineering or equivalent based on Engineering Council Standard for Engineering Technician
Engineering experience minimum of 2 years
Additional information about the process
Closing date is 27 January 2020.
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Nuclear Works welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Nuclear Works is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business