Apply for this job
||Senior Engineer (Mechanical)
Position: Senior Engineer(Mechanical)
Salary: Day rate (£75 per day travel and subsistence)
Job Type: Contract outside IR35
Contact details: Carron.Smith@capita.co.uk / 07753221031
The purpose of the post is to manage and deliver the engineering process. There is an increased need for additional engineering resources to carry out an intelligent customer role across multiple site based projects.
The individual is to provide the initial project oversight and co-ordination of additional engineering support from within the existing engineer tea. In terms of core discipline whilst a mechanical background may be preferable it is not essential.
• Control and develop technical engineering strategies, plans and procedures.
• Design and evaluate the technical governance of projects.
• Establish and maintain Design Authority arrangements.
• Undertake project governance roles as required.
• Develop an effective technical organisation to manage fit for purpose engineering design and safety project delivery in support of the Site Performance Plan.
• Identify resource requirements to deliver engineering tasks.
• Identify, validate and approve engineering solutions for projects.
• Manage the preparation, approval and issue of technical specifications.
• Apply health, safety, environmental and waste management processes with engineering activities taking advice where necessary from appropriate specialists.
• Develop and execute an engineering and safety case delivery strategy, optimising plans to respond to changes when necessary.
• Support the project in the delivery of projects/programmes of work and sanction approvals.
• Validate the completion of activities to ensure compliance with procedures, legislation and quality standards.
• Liaise effectively with regulators and stakeholders on specific projects.
• Support investigations with regard to specific engineering discipline.
• Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post.
• Manage DSRL staff as a Line Manager.
Degree in Engineering or equivalent based on Engineering Council Standard for Incorporated Engineers
Minimum of 5 years engineering experience (preferably in the Nuclear sector)
Experience in taking projects through the design phase to final decommissioning
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business