Apply for this job
Position: Engineer Electrical
Location: Thurso / Site
Salary: day rate(£75 per day travel and subsistence)
Job Type: Contract outside of IR35
Contact details: Carron.Smith@capita.co.uk / 07753 221031
Electrical Engineer responsible for specifying and managing engineering activities.
As Electrical Engineer for selected systems and equipment, delivering electrical engineering work that will include specification, calculation, analysis, design, verification and/or assessment. Also to act as a Commissioning Engineer as required by the Project Teams.
• Develop Requirements specifications, technical specifications and other design related documentation for projects.
• Develop and review discipline specific engineering drawings.
• Experience of checking design documentation including drawings and supporting calculations.
• Carrying out system and equipment commissioning in line with commissioning and test documentation.
• Control, develop and monitor plans and procedures.
• Design, evaluate and deliver the technical governance of projects.
• Identify resource requirements to prepare for/carry out activities.
• Develop appropriate solutions for operational problems.
• Write Technical Specifications.
• Apply health, safety, environmental and waste management processes with engineering activities taking advice where necessary from appropriate specialists.
• Undertake the professional management and execution of contract and project works including observation of work to identify industry standards are applied.
• Monitor implementation of plans and procedures to ensure compliance with project schedules, safety procedures and legislation.
• Liaise effectively with regulators and stakeholders on specific projects.
• Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to the post.
HND in Engineering or equivalent based on Engineering Council Standard for Engineering Technician
Minimum of 2 years electrical engineering experience required
Additional information about the process
Closing date is 27 January 2020.
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Nuclear Works welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Nuclear Works is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business