Apply for this job
||Central and Southern Scotland
||245.00-250.00 GBP per day
Development, management and review of the arrangements for chemistry ensuring regulatory and Company requirements are met.
• Non radiological environmental monitoring and demonstration compliance with EA permits.
• Provide authoritative advice on chemistry, COSHH, asbestos and legionella matters as appropriate.
• Assist in the maintenance of required external certification.
• Review and audit of site performance in chemistry, COSHH and legionella as appropriate.
• Perform duties of Site Asbestos Competent Person as appropriate.
• Act as Site responsible person for legionella as appropriate.
• Support Site and Project implementation of chemistry arrangements.
• Perform duties of a Selected Person as defined by E&M Safety Rules as appropriate.
• Ensure personal and professional development and training of EHSS&Q staff to deliver an effective and suitably qualified and experienced Function.
• Ensure effective communication within the Function.
• Monitor performance and take action or provide advice as necessary to maintain EHSS&Q standards and improve performance.
• Identify good practice in performance at sites and externally and promote and deploy across the Functions/Sites.
• The post holder may be required to be a member of, and participate in, the Site Emergency Scheme subject to any fitness standards required.
• Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality on Site.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
• Undertake baseline roles as required.
• Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
• Educated to NQF level 6 / NVQ Level 6 (or equivalent in a post related subject.
• Member of a relevant professional institute
• Relevant experience in specialism related roles
• Experience at a nuclear site in own specialism
• Good knowledge of Company Processes for
Additional information about the process
Location: Annan, Dumfriesshire
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
Salary: 245 - 350 per day Umbrella
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org – 07599548238
This vacancy has been deemed inside of scope IR35.
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.