Apply for this job
||13.50-13.50 GBP per hour
Location: Trawsfynydd, Wales
Rate: £13.50 PAYE
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Until 27th March 2021
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Role Description
The post holder undertakes tasks within the Operations Teams having full regards to Site Licence requirements, Statutory Regulations and Company and Location Directives, Procedures and Safety Rules.
There are 4 positions available, 2 working on a 12 hour shift rota and another 2 working on standard day shifts.
Day Shift is working Monday – Thurs, 07:25am – 17:00pm
12 hour shift rota is over 14 days (pattern is Mon to Wed in , then 6 days off, then Wed- Fri in, then 2 days off) working hours are 06:00am to 18.20pm
Experience & Skills
It is essential that the candidate has experience of working in an industrial environment
Appreciation of RSA and IRR requirements
Plant Operations in areas assigned
Experience of working in the Nuclear Industry
• Carries out core operational duties within his/her own level of demonstrated competence.
• Being a Suitably Qualified and Experienced Person (SQEP) on various plant items as required by the Site Licence.
• Carries out operational tasks within scope and competence and to assist with fault investigations.
• Carries out all Ionising Radiation Regulations (IRR) and Radioactive Substances Act (RSA) surveys to approved and established procedures. (Post-defuelling sites must be Health Physics (HP) Monitor Level 5).
• Provides technical support to current and future project design and implementation.
• The post holder may be required to carry out identified roles as necessary, for example site security support.
• The post holder will be required to fulfil a role in the Site Emergency Scheme.
• The post holder may be required to be a classified worker as specified in the IRRs.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
• Comply with the Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality on Site.
• Assist in the training and development of team members.
• Uphold Company values at all times by putting safety and environmental protection first; building trust by acting with integrity and respect for others; and ensuring that we promote and support innovation and efficiency to achieve successful delivery of the mission.
Appropriate technical qualification e.g. City and Guilds, BTEC, NVQ (NQF Level 2) OR relevant experience
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.