Apply for this job
Location: Whitehaven, Cumbria
Rate: Negotiable on experience (In scope of IR35)
Hours: 37 hours per week, Mon-Fri.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Contact details: Joanne Anders – 07927563874 / firstname.lastname@example.org
The Role Description
We are currently recruiting for a BI Developer to work on a long-term contract basis.
The position will play a key role in the development of business dashboards and reports – BI Applications for business users.
You will Develop and support new/existing Microsoft PowerBI/Qlikview applications.
Experience with Power BI or Qlikview will be considered.
• Analyzing business and data requirements to enable the development of the BI applications
• Provide support to BI applications meeting period end reporting timetables
• Injecting new ideas, innovation and best practice into BI development.
• Working to agreed briefs, project and period end timelines.
• Provide technical leadership in the design, development and upkeep of Power BI and/or Qlikview applications
• Provide technical leadership in the governance of Power BI and/or QlikView systems deployment
Essential & Desirable Skills required:
• Proven experience of developing business applications in either Power BI, QlikView
• Significant experience of managing and working with large data sets
• Data modelling and data migration experience
• Good communication skills with the ability to advise others using technical knowledge
• Good analytical skills with the ability to spot trends and patterns
• Data workflow/process design and implementation experience
• Requirements gathering/refining.
• Degree or postgraduate qualification in an IT-related subject or relevant work-based experience
• SC clearance or ability to attain essential.
• Significant understanding and experience of Sellafield key reporting metrics in one or more broad topic areas, Safety Quality Cost Delivery and People.
• Degree or postgraduate qualification in an IT-related subject or relevant work based experience
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.