Apply for this job
||Service Operations Manager - Data Centre
||50.00-55.00 GBP per hour
Service Operations Manager - Data Centre
Location: Workington, Cumbria
Rate: £55 LTD per hour (Outside scope of IR35)
Hours: 37 hours per week, Mon-Fri.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Contact details: Joanne Anders – 07927563874 / firstname.lastname@example.org
THE ROLE DESCRIPTION
We are currently recruiting for a Service Operations Manager (Data Centre)
to work on a contract basis.
The purpose of this role is to ensure all of the Data Centres, Communications Rooms, IT Stores and Meeting rooms are effectively maintained and managed to support the efficient and effective delivery of IT Services to the Sellafield business. To ensure that all supporting services are delivered in line with the agreed SLA and Contract.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES :
Work with ISO leadership to set strategic objectives for the property and manage the implementation.
• Oversee all building systems and critical facilities equipment including fire/life safety, mechanical and electrical systems. Plan, implement, co-ordinate and supervise all mechanical/electrical operations, maintenance and energy management programs for a critical facilities environment.
• Understand and utilize maximum capabilities of all operational systems, including BMS supported by the vendor.
• Oversee scheduling of preventive maintenance, contracted maintenance and general maintenance with minimum disruption of building services.
• Recommend/implement improvements to the preventive maintenance programme on an on-going basis. Devise technical enhancements to improve various aspects of building operations.
• Work with Service Operations to ensure that best practice is being adopted and that a common approach is in place.
• Ensure that the DC support engineers are trained and competent to act as the first line response unit in the event of a fault in the site plant or infrastructure to minimise the potential for, and frequency of, outages.
• Understand the engineering design and operational aspect of each building system.
• Identify and recommend operational improvements to be implemented across all of the facilities.
• Ensure that all compliance and standards are implemented across the site.
• Respond quickly to emergency situations (i.e. fires, evacuation, equipment failure, call outs, etc.) and customer concerns and to be available to work outside normal hours, nights and weekends when required.
• Review any service failures and produce incident reports when required.
• Work with the Disaster Recovery SMD to mature Disaster Recovery arrangements and quality of documentation.
• Develop strong relationships with the customer and embed a culture of “Service Excellence” with internal and external customers.
• Provide customer support and communication for new and existing customers.
• Co-ordinate and manage customer communication around planned and unplanned maintenance including responding to customer needs and co-ordinating with maintenance staff to resolve problems.
• Co-ordinate with the internal lines of business and vendors to attend customer meetings.
• Manage internal resources and vendors to meet customer timelines and deliverables.
• Maintain positive relationships and high retention levels with all clients. Responds to all problems and concerns and ensures compliance with rules and regulations.
• Execute all aspects of data centre operations including the operation, maintenance and repair of all mission critical equipment and systems supporting a 24x7 data centre operation to achieve compliance with all SLAs.
• To ensure access to all buildings and rooms have a clearly defined Access control List
• To ensure the Access Control List is in enforced and managed
• To detect any unauthorised access and take the necessary action to identify how this happened and take action to prevent a repeat.
AUTHORITIES & DIMENSIONS
• Has authority as delegated by the ISO Service Operations Lead
• Performs to the required values, attitude and behaviours as required by the level of the role
• Ensures the maximum value is achieved for all service contracts and identify service level misses to gain penalty
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Recognized formal technical training with the management arena of a Data Centre
• Significant experience of knowledge of critical building infrastructure (e.g. UPS, Generators, BMS, HV/LV systems and switching, cooling systems, etc.)
• Experience of working in Nuclear Energy or similar safety-critical environments
• Demonstrable experience within IT Service Management
• Be able to work within complex environment
• To be able to orchestrate across multiple teams is an environment that is not clearly defined
• To be able to create clarity where there is uncertainty
• To be able negotiate between parties to agree the desired outcome
Leadership / Person Skills:
• Proven leadership skills
• Thorough, as well as, pragmatic and orientated to problem solving
• Positive ‘can-do’ and flexible attitude to work
• To have a friendly and approachable attitude to work
• To be flexible and adaptable, self-motivated and a pro-active worker
• Excellent team player
• A logical approach to problem solving
• Ability to diagnose and resolve customer technical problems
• To produce work to a consistently high standard
• Capability to work independently and as part of a team
• Work well under pressure and to deadlines/targets
• Ability to meet and exceed targets and customers’ expectations
• Ability to know when to support colleagues
• Live within an hour’s travel time from main Sellafield Site
• Planning, organising and prioritising skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong rapport and relationship building skills with both internal and external customers
• Ability to work under pressure and keep calm in a crisis
• Previous experience managing a small team
• Experience of coaching, training and developing a team both technical and non-technical
• Experience of dealing with customer problems in difficult circumstances
• Experience of implementing cost controls
• Appreciation of the data centre and co-location sector
• Computer-literacy/IT skills - email, data entry, excel, power point, word
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.