Apply for this job
||Service Assets Config Team Lead
||50.00-60.00 GBP per hour
Service Assets Config Team Lead
Location: Workington, Cumbria
Rate: £60 LTD per hour (Inside scope of IR35)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Monthly contract basis
Contact details: Joanne Anders – 07927563874 / email@example.com
The Role Description
The Service Asset & Configuration Management Team Lead will report to the Service Assets and Finance Manager and be responsible for the day to day running of the SACM function.
The SACM function identifies and controls all assets in scope, and manages and protects the integrity of those assets
The purpose of SACM is to maintain information about Configuration Items (CIs) required in the delivery of IT service, including their relationships
Duties / responsibilities
• To line manage and mentor the SACM team members (up to 4 FTE) covering all aspects of SACM
• To advise both ISO colleagues and the Service Provider on SACM strategy and priorities
Role Context & Challenges
The SACM Team Lead role has been created as part of the IT Service Management Strategy which sets out the vision of “establishing and maintaining an accurate and complete repository of asset configuration attributes and baselines, and comparing them against actual asset configuration”.
The SACM Team Lead will face a specific challenge in the management and maturity of the SACM services currently being provided.
Qualifications / Experience
Ownership of the policies, standards and guidelines that ISO teams and/or the Service Provider, should adhere to whenever they implement new technology – software or hardware – that is to be used for the delivery of services to the business.
• Act as the champion for the SACM processes in ISO and ensure the processes are clearly understood by the ISO Teams and the Service Provider
• Ensure the Service Provider’s adherence to all policies and processes relating to SACM, including Hardware Asset Management, Software Asset Management and Software Licence Management.
• Line management and mentoring of the SACM team members.
• Ensure a regular reporting mechanism is in place to support the needs of the Service Management teams
• Ensure the Service Provider maintains and updates the Configuration Management System (CMS) with appropriate information relating to all assets in scope
• Perform regular review of, and suggest improvement to, all aspects of SACM deliverables and reporting provided by the Service Provider.
• Ensure that regular checks and validation of reporting of Hardware Asset Management, Software Asset Management and Software Licence Management are in place.
• Perform escalation where necessary to the Service Assets & Finance Manager
• Contribute to the Continuous Service Improvement process as appropriate
• Utilise the Service Improvement Programme initiative agreed with the Service Provider as appropriate.
• Fully participate in internal audit activity.
• Ensure a team culture of continuous development and enhancement of data analysis capability using existing, or new (if advantageous and cost effective) software tools.
• Manage new and existing Developers Code of Practice (DCoP)
• Manage continuing XP Mitigation activities.
• Act as SME for Active Directory configuration and accurate maintenance. Also provide expert input into future design requirements.
• Manage ISO Service Management license repository for directly purchased software, including Domain/Certificate purchases/renewals.
• Utilise, within limits as specifically agreed with the Service Provider(s), enhanced Active Directory privileges via specific Administrator level domain account(s).
• Subject Matter Expert in Service Asset & Configuration Management
• Knowledge of Service Management Best Practice
• Experience of managing Tier 1 IT Service Providers
• Experience of team management
• Experience of Service Management Toolsets
• Good communication skills with the ability to inform others using technical knowledge
• Good analytical skills with the ability to identify trends and patterns
• Computer literate, including a good working knowledge of relevant computer software
• ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate essential
• ITIL V3 Capability/Lifecycle/Practitioner desirable
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.