Apply for this job
||16.12-16.12 GBP per hour
- Waste & Ponds Decommissioning
- Size reduction of plant / equipment
- Working with radiation, some limited work at height.
Classified worker, must be able to work in C3 conditions
Purpose of Role
To support the provision of an effective waste management, decontamination, de-planting and decommissioning service by carrying out the required Waste Management activities.
- Ensure positive identification of hazards via Point of Work Safety Assessment (POWSA).
- Ensure work areas are maintained and any remedial action carried out in a timely manner to the site standards.
- Solve routine operational problems using efficiency improvement techniques.
- Undertake Health Physics monitoring duties, monitoring plant and equipment, as required within his/her own level of demonstrated competence.
- Contribute to effective team working and team building, working closely with the site project teams, supporting the communication and understanding of waste management objectives.
- Daily reporting and quality feedback to team leader to support the progress of work.
- The post holder may be required to carry out additional identified roles as necessary (e.g. operate cranes, drive forklift trucks, perform rigging).
- Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
- Support colleague’s learning and development through knowledge sharing, task instruction etc.
- As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
- Comply with the Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety Environment and Quality.
- Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company’s Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
- The post holder may be required to fulfil a role in the Site Emergency Scheme.
- In addition, a Waste and Decommissioning Technician may have the following responsibilities, dependent upon work area:
- Undertake Waste Management duties within his/her level of demonstrated competence including; packaging, transportation and collection.
- Understand the existing waste management plan, expectations and plant operating requirements for waste management processing and operations.
- Operate waste volume reduction equipment within his/her level of demonstrated competence.
- Decontaminate radioactive plant/ equipment within his/her level of demonstrated confidence using approved techniques.
- Provide support for routine maintenance for waste management related equipment.
- Update signage and control of waste management controlled lay down areas and containers
- Dismantle and remove hazardous structures, materials, cables, equipment, etc.
The post holder will be required to complete training as defined in Common Training Profiles, supplemented by Site Specific Training Profiles when required.
The post holder may be required to achieve various authorisations in order to carry out the full scope of the role. The requirements for specific authorisations are specified in Common Authorisation Instructions.
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
City and Guilds, BTEC, NVQ (NQF Level 2) or relevant experience
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
- Experience of working in an industrial environment
- Knowledge of radiological matters and nuclear safety standards
- Experience of working in waste management and/or industrial waste
Additional information about the process
Title: General Operative
Salary: £16.12 per hour (PAYE)
Job Type: Contract
Contact details: Jessica.Mcsherry@capita.co.uk
Tel: 019467 86945
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.