Apply for this job
||Mechanical Design Engineer
||National Nuclear Laboratory
||38.00-38.00 GBP per hour
This company are undertaking a number of significant design/build projects within their Central Laboratory facility at Sellafield. These include the design and installation of a highly sensitive microscope laboratory and the design and installation of a first of a kind Hot Isostatic Press (HIP) process with preparation glove boxes. T
The growing engineering design team, based predominantly in Chadwick House, Risley with a satellite team based at Central Lab, Sellafield, requires additional resource to support these project requirements.
Candidates must be prepared to travel to Sellafield if based in Chadwick House to meet the requirements of the project.
• Proficient in Autodesk design software such as AutoCAD / Product Design Suite, primarily Inventor.
• Capable of developing engineered solutions from concept through to detailed design including manufacturing / fabrication drawings, equipment / laboratory layouts and flow diagrams from a design brief and/or plant survey.
• Capable of undertaking scoping calculations to support design and authoring design memos / short reports .
• Proficiency in RasterDesign is desirable but not essential.
• HNC / HND qualified mechanical engineer, with a minimum of 5 years hands-on design experience on nuclear licensed site projects.
• Highly self motivated, demonstrable drive and energy and a willingness to deliver value and quality for the customer.
• IT proficiency expected in Microsoft Office products.
• Role will require travel to Sellafield site as necessary to undertake site walkdowns / surveys, liaise with technical team, operators and plant commissioning personnel. Travel to equipment suppliers may also be necessary.
• SC security clearance preferred.
• P4 pass holder preferred.
Additional information about the process
Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Birchwood, Warrington
Job Type: Contract
Salary: 38.00ph PAYE or Umbrella
Job Duration: 12 months+
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org - 07599548238
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.