Apply for this job
||Senior EC&I Design Engineer
||National Nuclear Laboratory
||42.00-43.00 GBP per hour
Senior EC&I Design Engineer
Rate: £43 per hour (Inscope of IR35 – must be PAYE or Umbrella basis).
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Joanne Anders - 07927563874
The Role Description
Our nuclear client are undertaking a number of significant design / build projects within their Central Laboratory facility at Sellafield. These include the design and installation of a highly sensitive microscope laboratory and the design and installation of a first of a kind Hot Isostatic Press (HIP) process with preparation glove boxes.
The growing engineering design team, based predominantly in Warrington with a satellite team based at Central Lab Sellafield, requires additional resource to support these project requirements.
The Senior EC&I Design Engineer is required to support significant work packages. Candidates must be prepared to travel to Sellafield to meet the requirements of the project.
Qualifications / Experience Required
• Degree qualified Electrical / C&I engineer with 5 years hands-on design experience on Sellafield design / build projects.
• Capable of developing engineered solutions from a design brief and/or plant survey (including liaising with the customer / maintenance / ops to understand their requirements) either by self or through the use of supporting engineers and designers.
• Capable of designing safety related systems to BS EN 61508 and Sellafield Standard ES_1_2190-1, 2 & 3.
• Undertaking calculations to support / underpin the design and authoring technical reports and design memos.
• Undertake the checking of engineering work performed by others.
• Highly self motivated, demonstrable drive and energy and a willingness to deliver value and quality for the customer.
• Demonstrable experience in dealing with supply chain, from scoping requirements and authoring procurement specification through to overseeing contract delivery as necessary.
• Competent in electrical building services, up to date with relevant legislation and standards.
• Competency in AutoCAD / AutoCAD LT desired with the ability and flexibility to undertake own CAD work if necessary.
• Report writing skills and effective communication skills are essential, IT proficiency expected in Microsoft Office products.
• Warrington based role but will require regular travel to Sellafield site as necessary to undertake site walkdowns / surveys, liaise with technical team, operators and plant commissioning personnel.
• SC clearance (or above) preferred.
• P4 pass holder preferred.
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.