Apply for this job
||Safety Case Manager
||National Nuclear Laboratory
Title: Safety Case Manager
Rate: £55-60 per Ltd in scope determination to advise
Job Type: Contract 39 hours per week / 12 months maternity cover
Contact details: Andrew.Gee@Capita.co.uk Tel: 07824 362482
A great opportunity to use your Safety Case management experience working in a key role as a member of the plant compliance team. Defining how all major radiological, criticality, conventional and chemo toxic hazards are managed/controlled. In this key role as Safety Case Manager your will be required to manage the live safety case in line with nuclear site licence conditions. Also responsible for ensuring that the safety case is developed appropriately to support existing and future work requirements support new operations facility infrastructure upgrades.
Nuclear plant sector knowledge is preferable along with a background in scientific, engineering, environmental or safety specialist sectors.
The duties of the Safety Case Manager involve, but are not limited to:
• Management of the safety case.
• Periodic review of the safety case
• Development and management of safety case and hazard management strategies to support evolution of the safety case in line with new projects and/or improvements.
• Ensuring the live safety case & index of change documents are accurate and up to date.
• Liaison with external stakeholders, e.g. Operations Control Management team, ONR.
• Liaison with internal stakeholders, e.g. design and plant engineering, operations, safety assessment and other specialists to ensure the safety case remains fit for purpose and meets the facility’s needs
• Preparation of Clearance Certificates and compliance documentation.
• Preparation and management of Plant Modification Proposals (PMP).
• Presentation of safety assessments at PMP and Management Safety Committees as required.
• Preparation & delivery of training briefing material relating to safety case implementation to relevant personnel,
• Provision of advice to NNL personnel on scope of/compliance with the live safety case.
Experience and Qualifications
• Previous experience of working closely with safety cases, e.g. production or management of safety cases.
• Understanding of site licence conditions pertinent to safety cases
• Understanding of processes associated with the approval, implementation and maintenance of safety cases
• Knowledge of how safety controls are implemented through equipment and instructions.
• Knowledge of the configuration control of plant and processes.
• Good communication skills (both written & oral).
Qualifications and experience
• Knowledge of plants and operations within the Nuclear sector
• Knowledge of health and safety legislation.
• Degree or HNC in science/engineering discipline
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Nuclear Works welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Nuclear Works is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business