Apply for this job
||Geological Investigations Manager
||Central and South East
||Radioactive Waste Management
||21.79-33.00 GBP per hour
Responsible for specifying, managing and obtaining data from geological investigations. This includes the procurement and management of contractors and delivery of surface-based investigations, as appropriate.
Development and delivery of needs-driven plans for surface-based and underground investigations and supporting research.
Procurement and delivery of geological investigations.
Management and delivery of geoscientific inputs to the GDF siting processes.
Development and delivery of needs-driven plans for surface-based and underground investigations
• Intelligent Client and Technical Authority for the surface-based and underground geoscientific investigations.
• Maintain and develop the understanding of approaches to the design and delivery of needs-driven investigations (surface-based and underground investigations, etc) and input this knowledge and understanding into discussions with key stakeholders, as necessary
• Undertake sufficient preparatory work such that, when required, there is a fully justified needs-driven plan for site geological investigations.
Procurement and delivery of geological investigations
• Responsible for preparing technical specifications suitable for procuring the full range of investigations and related activities needed to meet the site specific design, safety and environmental assessment information requirements.
• Support the Head of Site Characterisation in the development of a technical specification for a site characterisation database.
• Project manage the delivery of the geological investigations necessary to support site characterisation.
Site characterisation database
• Support the Head of Site Characterisation in fulfilling the duties of information asset owner for historic and future site characterisation data.
• Specify the requirements for a database to manage the data and information obtained from site characterisation work.
• Develop and demonstrate a prototype database system.
Management and delivery of geoscientific inputs to the GDF siting process
• Responsible for managing and delivering high quality geological inputs to site evaluations, preliminary assessments and Initial Site Evaluations for potential repository sites.
• Supporting the Head of Site Characterisation in engaging with communities and stakeholders on geoscientific aspects of siting.
• Good first degree in earth science or relevant engineering subject.
• Chartered membership status (or working towards it) in relevant professional institute.
• Experience and knowledge of the full range of data acquisition and interpretation techniques available to characterise the geoscientific aspects of sites.
• Significant experience and knowledge of the range of non-intrusive data acquisition and interpretation techniques available to characterise the geoscientific aspects of sites.
• Experience in the contractual specification of geoscientific investigation work.
• Knowledge of the principles of data and records management.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to act as a credible “ambassador” for RWM with external bodies
Additional information about the process
Geological Investigations Manager
Location: Harwell, Oxfordshire
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 12 months
Salary: 21 – 33ph
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org - 07599548238
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.