Apply for this job
||9.81-9.81 GBP per hour
Location: Sellafield, Cumbria
Rate: £9.81 PAYE
Job Type: Contract
Duration: until October 2020
Contact details: Joanne Anders - 07927563874
The Role Description
The Security Warden is responsible for providing a professional security service across the Site, for internal & external customers and including Category I plants, to ensure compliance with Nuclear Industries Security Regulations 2003 (NISR 2003) and Nuclear Site Security Plan (NSSP).
The Security Warden is also responsible in ensuring operational plants’ IWM requirements are fulfilled as required under the direction of Security Warden and Vehicle Escort Team Leader. They may at times undertake vehicle escort duties, responsible for ensuring that all Visitors and Short term Workers are properly supervised during their time at Sellafield.
*Please note that individuals will be required to undertake active area working as part of this assignment*
• Accountable to the Security Warden and Vehicle Escort Team Leader, to ensure safe, secure and compliant operations under his/her control.
• Ensure operations are carried out in a safe, secure and compliant manner. All S&R SLMS OI’s must be complied with.
• Responsible for accurate recording of Nuclear Material (NM) movements as an independent Safeguards check.
• Control and use of security keys for NM stores and security access points.
• Ensure all adverse / abnormal conditions are reported in line with site protocols and procedures.
• Control and operation of all access/egress to and from security sensitive buildings and areas via building perimeter doors and gates.
• To support and interface with Office for Nuclear Regulation (ONR) site inspectors during planned and no-notice interventions.
• Provision and control of Sellafield Ltd security furniture for classified information.
• Authorised second key holder for NM stores.
• Support NM transfers on the Sellafield site.
• Complete mandatory regulatory checks of security equipment, ensuring all findings are recorded legibly. Any deficiencies should be escalated to the Security Warden and Vehicle Escort Team Leader immediately.
• Control and operation of vehicle access through main Separation gate.
• Completion of key musters to the specified frequency.
• Ensure classified information custodians and others are briefed in the correct use of security furniture.
• Provide advice and guidance on security procedures.
• Interface with Protective Security Managers (PSMs) as and when required.
• Responsible for the completion of bi-annual security furniture combination changes.
• To prevent unauthorised personnel and/or vehicle access to security sensitive buildings and areas.
• To prevent unauthorised work or potential breaches of security.
• Carry out necessary checks of all personnel access/egressing within security sensitive buildings/areas.
The Security warden may also at times be responsible for the following Vehicle Escort Duties:
• Provision of an escort service to Commercial vehicle drivers, making deliveries to the Site, who do not have a security clearance or site pass.
• Responsible for the welfare of the vehicle pass holder, ensuring that the company security and safety requirements are adhered to at all times. Vehicle Escorts must maintain line-of-sight of the individuals they are escorting (including meal breaks and comfort breaks, as far as practicable).
• The Vehicle Escort is responsible for attending the Main Gate Reception on the date/time agreed with the scheduler and for meeting the Visitor/STW.
• To record confirmation of identity and details of non-security cleared delivery vehicle drivers entering the Site (ensuring correct identification documents are produced in line with policy).
• To arrange for a suitable escort for the un-cleared Commercial vehicle drivers – Site personnel/Vehicle Escort team.
• Issuing of site vehicle escort passes.
• To provide advice and guidance (to Commercial vehicle drivers), to ensure compliance of Site Procedures e.g. welfare, Site speed limits, parking and emergency arrangements.
• Assist in training and development of other team members (including Contract supplied Workers) to the required standards.
Qualifications / Experience
• 3 GCSE’s or equivalent (to include Maths & English) desirable – not essential.
• For internal candidates suitable relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of formal qualifications where appropriate
• Must have experience of working in an guarding environment – Security Industry Authority (SIA) trained and qualified would be desirable .
• Experience of working in a security environment is essential.
• Understanding of the key principles of Security and Resilience and how it impacts on other areas of site
• Knowledge and understanding of the Site layout and key facilities would be desirable
• Knowledge of nuclear material stores, store locations and operating requirements would be desirable.
• Experience of working in teams
• Self-motivated with high levels of drive and energy.
• Good communications skills and ability to challenge others if required.
• Ability to achieve DV clearance – high levels of integrity, values and trustworthiness
• Ability to be included on the Atomic List to ensure maintenance of Confidential Document Records (CDR)
• Holder of a full driving licence
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.