Apply for this job
||Emergency Management Specialist/ Breathing Apparatus (BA) Instructor
||17.21-17.21 GBP per hour
To deliver ER training to site as required, the individual must be able to follow agreed protocol for training delivery.
To deliver initial and maintenance of skills training and assessment across site to a large number of designated BA wearers
Must be able to plan and organise training in a complex environment facilitating sites needs in terms of security and training.
Work closely with all relevant stakeholders ensuring an appropriate training schedule is developed and delivered. Provide sufficient focus and support to ensure competency for wearing BA is maintained across the large number of Designated BA Wearers required by site.
Work closely with all relevant stakeholders ensuring appropriate training is facilitated and supported for F&RS activities.
• To deliver and maintain the BA designated wearer training, assessment, feedback and coaching to meet site demands in line with F&RS National Guidance for BA.
• To deliver BA designated wearer training to other ER organisations as required in support of Sellafield’s mission.
• Effectively train, assess and feedback to all students, provide mentoring and coaching as required for students with learning challenges.
• Conduct appropriate training evaluation and confirm competency levels.
• Responsibility for producing individual action plans to facilitate identified training/development needs. Providing the appropriate level of support with these action plans to help staff maintain competency
• Producing records to support training records being kept current, accurate and up to date for designated BA wearers
• To deliver other F&RS skill sets such as rescues, trauma treatment and Command and Control Training by developing and using simulation to support assessment of competence in line with F&RS NOS and NOG.
• Use Incident Command Training to complement site training programme for Unified Command and Control to SFRS and the wider Emergency Management (EM) community.
• Use specialist skills and knowledge to coach and mentor Emergency Response personnel, SFRS and the wider EM community in F&RS National Operational Standards (NOS) and Guidance (NOG).
• To provide appropriate support to OU’s for the management of maintenance of skills training and assessment to support OU’s in maintaining their requirement for BA.
• To be actively involved in improvement initiatives and projects which have an impact on training and skill set development for staff.
• Serve as a role model for safety performance and demonstrate setting the priority for safety in the training environment.
• Enable an effective learning environment.
• Qualified BA Instructor (BAI) holding a relevant BAI qualification, with experience of delivering BA training, assessment and student feedback.
• Ability to demonstrate understanding and application of coaching and mentoring skills.
• Ability to demonstrate significant knowledge, understanding and experience from across a broad range of F&RS skills sets.
• Experience or understanding of other Emergency Management subject matter areas from across site.
• Ability to manage CPD to maintain a high level of knowledge and expertise that is current in relation to BA, BA operations and other F&RS subject areas
• Possess further F&RS qualification or be suitably experienced to support broadly other F&RS training activities across site.
• Completed the ICL 1 or ICL 2 within the last three years and have extensive experience of Incident Command with Fire and Rescue Service and multi-agency emergency incidents or be w
Additional information about the process
Emergency Management Specialist/ Breathing Apparatus (BA) Instructor
Location: Seascale, Cumbria
Salary: £17.21ph PAYE
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 12 months
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org - 07599548238
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.