Apply for this job
||Central and South East
||25.00-30.00 GBP per hour
Location: Harwell, Oxfordshire
Rate: up to £30 per hour Inscope of IR35
Job Type: Contract
Hours: Full Time, 37 hours per week
Contact details: Joanne Anders – 07927563874 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Role Description
We are currently recruiting for a Draughtsperson to provide an effective drawing service to an assigned area ensuring compliance with Nuclear Site Licence, other legislation and Company Policy. This will be to work on a 12 month contract at the Harwell Site in Oxfordshire. Candidates will ideally come from an Electrical bias. Qualifications mentioned below would be ideal but not essential if the candidate has enough relevant experience in similar roles previously.
Candidates will need to either already hold SC security clearance or have the ability to obtain SC level clearance.
• Experience of producing engineering drawings (and other documents) in a highly regulated environment utilising detailed QA processes required.
• Able to understand complex plant, equipment and concepts to assist engineers in the development of specification drawings, design drawings and the updating of drawings following completion of work.
• Able to understand design specifications, standards and requirements as needed.
• You will ideally come from an Electrical / EC&I bias rather than Mechanical.
• Knowledge of other design / draughting packages, i.e. Solidworks
• Familiarity with good practice drawing techniques including layering conventions, symbols libraries and British Standards
• Strong IT capabilities across the Microsoft range, with ability to use other packages
Safety, Environment & Security
• Set out controls to ensure the safe delivery of tasks and ensure compliance with the local and Magnox Management System
• Maintain knowledge of the relevant local and Magnox management systems
• Actively monitor and reinforce safety behaviours.
• Establish a safe operational culture and provide safety, security & environmental leadership
• Maintain your own safe & secure workplace, identifying safety, environmental and information security risks and hazards then apply STAR and report unusual occurrences
• Establish the correct work ethic and culture within the team.
• Establish and maintain an appropriate and effective level of stakeholder engagement.
• Challenge the status quo and identify future opportunities through innovation within area of professionalism/ function/ business and process.
• Provide technical draughting support to their assigned area of responsibility.
• Provide technical advice, drawings, maps and documentation to support their assigned area of responsibility.
• Create and modify drawings and maps for their assigned area of responsibility by both manual and electronic means in a timely manner.
• Work on drawings in a number of formats, including AutoCAD and TIFF
• Carry out site survey and inspection work as necessary for the production and update of drawings and maps.
• Use the CAD office document management tools to flow drawings as they progress through their various routes to formal issue.
• Carry out efficient operation of the various drawing office equipment and systems.
• Conduct information searches on drawings and maps as requested.
• Support Design Engineers in the production of drawings required in relation to the range of projects.
• Manage the drawing archive including those identified as controlled copy drawings.
• Ensure that QA paperwork is produced in a timely manner and in accordance with local procedures for all drawing work.
• Print and prepare hard and electronic copies of drawings and maps required in support of design, operations, project, property and maintenance teams.
• Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company’s Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
A technical / engineering qualification to HNC level or equivalent
Minimum C&G training in AutoCAD
Membership of relevant Professional Engineering Institution would be desirable.
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.