Apply for this job
||Springfield Fuels Ltd
There is an ongoing requirement to retain a Trainer assessor role within the UO2 Intermediates plant. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting skills delivery which complies with the Site and OFC management systems.
• Co-ordinate and produce plant process and safety training packages and assessments.
• Co-ordinate development of new Standard Operation Instructions, Risk Assessments and the reviewing of existing ones.
• Development of new and update of existing Training and assessment packages for operations.
• Deliver training packages to both new and existing plant personnel.
• Carry out Assessments in support of ensuring competency in the Operational Area.
• Create Training plan to deliver OCI requirements in agreement with Plant Manager and OTM.
• Maintain OCI and training records on Atlas
• Develop & Administer people metrics for the Plant Area.
• Maintain area document overdues at zero.
• Arrange and facilitate safety training days for shift and day teams.
Holds a recognised Trainer and Assessor Qualification or has 5 years’ experience in a training/assessing role within a production facility.
• Has experience of operations in a chemical plant (Would be preferred but not essential).
• Previous experience as a trainer assessor would be an advantage. (Not essential)
• A level of self-confidence to allow them to take responsibility for tasks and work packages.
• Good interpersonal, communication and team working skills.
• Demonstrate an understanding of company standards and the relevant regulations.
• To have knowledge to be able to train both craft and non-craft operations.
• To have a good understanding of Human Performance principals and tools, and be able to use these in a training situation (Peer check, questioning attitude, three-way communication etc.)
• An understanding of Lean Management, a qualification would be desirable but not essential (for example the 13-week course in lean manufacturing) and would be willing to take part in the training if required.
• Ability to hold people to account for their training.
• Knowledge of procedural requirements for a compliance with the Plant Safety Case.
• Ability to present information in various methods.
• A good overall working knowledge of our client site and Safe System of Work Procedures.
• Can use a computer and in particular has an above average level of ability with regards to the Office suite of programs (Word/Excel/Powerpoint), has the capability to maintain the SAP and ATLAS systems to keep individuals training records up to date.
Additional information about the process
Title: Trainer Assessor
Job Type: Contract
Contact details: Jessica.McSherry@capita.co.uk
Tel: 0345 604 0783 or 019467 896945
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.