Apply for this job
||Construction Section Engineer – Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I)
||37.00-37.00 GBP per hour
Construction Section Engineer – Electrical & Instrumentation (E&I)
Location: Banna Court, Westlakes, Cumbria (with regular site visits to Sellafield)
Rate: £37 LTD per hour, (Inside scope of IR35)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Monthly contract basis (working on circa 5 year project)
Contact details: Joanne Anders – 07927563874 / firstname.lastname@example.org
The Role Description
Provision of Electrical and Instrumentation Engineering knowledge and expertise to the Project Delivery Directorate during detailed design and construction phases of works.
Required for engineering oversight of the Main Contractor’s / Subcontractors’ work packages. This includes reviewing documentation, design information, inspection and verification of the engineering work packages.
Engineering support to other project disciplines including project management, commercial, Civil, Mechanical, Quality and S&RM.
• Verification of work in the field including inspection of the works in accordance with documented arrangements.
• Review and endorsement of project documents including safety information, quality document and project management documents.
• Participation and assistance in constructability reviews.
• Maintain an ‘Intelligent Customer’ capability for all work carried out by contractors that may impact nuclear safety and nuclear security and ensure that all contractor staff are familiar with the nuclear safety and nuclear security implications of their work and interact in a well-coordinated manner with their own staff.
** Intermediaries Legislation does apply to this assignment **
Qualifications / Experience
• Qualified as E&I Construction Engineer with extensive site experience.
• Nuclear experience in heavy construction environment.
• Experience on E&I installations
• Conduct safety observations and conversations to help achieve a zero-incident culture.
• Security Clearance level – SC.
• Ability to obtain and maintain DV clearance if required
• Authorised Electrical Person
• Knowledge and understanding BS 7671 (IET wiring regulations) and Sellafield E&I Standards for Installation.
• Familiarity with relevant CoP.
• Very good knowledge of construction plant, including lifting equipment and accessories.
• Very good knowledge and practical use of basic software within Windows Office environment.
• Ability to read and implement complex schedules and deliverables.
• Knowledge of HSE policies and procedures
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others in a non-confrontational manner
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Good organizational skills
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.