Apply for this job
||Work Pack Lead - Project Management
||Hinkley Point A
||22.00-23.00 GBP per hour
Title: Work Pack Lead
Rate: £22- 23 p/h PAYE + accrual aligned with 38 days paid leave
Job Type: Contract - 4 days Monday - Thursday / 6 mnths initial
Contact details: Andrew.Gee@Capita.co.uk Tel: 07824 362482
A great opportunity to use your contract management experience managing the preperation of work packs for key site based contractor. Previous experince of Managing Asbesto related projects a bonus as is Nuclear industry sector knowledge.
Purpose of Role
The purpose of this position is to plan and perform work, requiring sound technical and practical judgments in the evaluation, organisation, and execution of Client project management assignments. This role has the responsibility to perform the essential job duties and functions as listed below. The overall objective is managing and/or coordinating project activities that are in compliance with the customer contract and ensure the project safety, quality, value and timeliness of the completed project. Performing assigned general duties of limited scope and level of responsibility, this position is designed to develop broader project management knowledge and experience. At this level, the role may have the responsibility as the only project manager on a small project with full accountability for the general duties, or the responsibility for general duties on a mid-sized project or more complex part of a larger project.
Must have contract management experience, Nuclear industry experience beneficial.
APM or equivalent qualification. NEC3 knowledge
• Contribute to the creation and coordination of overall project plans, schedules, and monitoring activities, progress, and milestones against the plans
• Support the preparation, delivery and coordination of project deliverables.
• Support the consistent application of project procedures for performance of administrative, project and design tasks in accordance with Client Project Management Process and Procedures.
• Perform basic project management functions involving monitoring of progress, preparation of procedures, documentation of communications and meetings, and identification/evaluation of project issues and problems.
• Assist in management and coordination of activities among all project functions and engineering disciplines in accordance with the established project baseline.
• Support identification and evaluation of issues and events that may constitute an increase or decrease in project or service scope, cost, or schedule.
• To lead by example to encourage a safety first working culture.
• Actively identify ‘Lessons Learned’ from current and completed projects. Support the application of experiences to maximise the effectiveness of Company project delivery.
• Plan and organise own work assignments.
• Maintain compliance with applicable regulatory & statutory requirements and company standards.
• Ability to actively communicate effectively with management, co-workers, clients, contractors, and other stakeholders.
• Actively develop personal job-related technical knowledge necessary to enhance project delivery.
• Other duties as assigned
Essential and Desirable skills
• Demonstrable experience in a highly regulated industry in, including; engineering, procurement, construction/construction management
• Experience of performing functional tasks on projects with a basic understanding of Client Project Management process and procedures
• Experience of working in complex organisations (Matrix Management).
• Flexible and adaptable approach, willing to take on new work challenges
• Ability to maintain high standards of performance with responsibility and accountability for successfully completing own assignments and tasks
• Proactive communicator both internally and externally to the project
• Customer focused with ability to develop and maintain positive and interactive project relationships
• Leads by example to ensure that Company Values are promoted and upheld
• Demonstrated active and innovative approach to problem solving and identifying solutions thinking, accountability, and adaptability skills
• Proactive reporting of progress and status of assignments including appropriate follow up
• Technical writing skills
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.