Apply for this job
||Craft Technician Mechanical
Main Purpose of the Job:
The purpose of the post is the delivery of maintenance.
The individual will support plant maintenance activities.
The Job Holder will:
• Identify and rectify routine maintenance problems where applicable.
• Carry out planned maintenance activities and defect rectification efficiently, includes defect investigation of causes and proposal of solutions.
• Reinstate the work area after completing the maintenance of plant, systems and components.
• Utilise diagnostic techniques to identify faults in plants, systems and components.
• Identify and report common equipment performance issues.
• Identify obsolescence and end of life issues.
• Assess the effectiveness of maintenance procedures and provide required amendments and changes.
• Produce fit for purpose job reports describing accurately the work that has been carried out.
• Mentor apprenticeship development and may be an SVQ Assessor.
• Conduct safe and effective handover of plant and equipment to others and accept and confirm responsibility for the control of the plant and equipment within the work area isolation boundary.
• Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post. Hold a relevant disciplined nominated appointment.
NC in Engineering or equivalent qualifications plus experience
Essential and Desirable Skills
• Site knowledge
• HGV experience
• Vehicle maintenance experience
• Team working experience
Additional information about the process
Title: Craft Technician Mechanical
Location: Dounreay, Thurso
Salary: £25,794 PAYE
Job Type:12 Months Contract
Contact details: email@example.com
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Terms and Conditions
Full Time Monday-Friday 37.9 hours per week
Temporary 12 months contract
Rate £25,794 PAYE
Overtime will apply at enhanced rates
*Closing date Wednesday 28th August 2019 at 12 noon*
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.