Apply for this job
||Stores Person / Operative
||Hinkley Point A
||14.15-14.15 GBP per hour
A varied role, acting as Storesperson responsible for procurement, site stock level checks alongside being a fully trained member of the Production Technician Operations Team
Stores experience is essential, and training will be provided on the site specific system.
Multiskilled craftsperson experience would suit the Production Technician side of the role.
Nuclear decommissioning experience is preferred however site-specific safety related training is provided meaning this is a great opportunity to get in the Nuclear sector with long term work opportunity.
Will need up to date training / certificates in: Fork Lift Driver, MEWP Operator (IPAF), Rigging and Slinging and Confined Space Entry.
• Carries out core operational duties within his/her own level of demonstrated competence.
• Being a Suitably Qualified and Experienced Person (SQEP) on various plant items as required by the Site Licence.
• Carries out operational tasks within scope and competence and to assist with fault investigations.
• Carries out all Ionising Radiation Regulations (IRR) and Radioactive Substances Act (RSA) surveys to approved and established procedures. (Post-defuelling sites must be Health Physics (HP) Monitor Level 5).
• Provides technical support to current and future project design and implementation.
• The post holder may be required to carry out identified roles as necessary, for example site security support.
• The post holder will be required to fulfil a role in the Site Emergency Scheme.
• The post holder may be required to be a classified worker as specified in the IRRs.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
• Comply with the Health, Safety, Security, Environmental and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments. Support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Security, Environment and Quality on Site.
• Assist in the training and development of team members.
• Uphold Company values at all times by putting safety and environmental protection first; building trust by acting with integrity and respect for others; and ensuring that we promote and support innovation and efficiency to achieve successful delivery of the mission.
Additional information about the process
Position: Stores Person / Operative
Rate: Hourly rate £14.51 PAYE with paid leave 38 days
Job Type: Contract 12 months initial contract / 37 hours per week over 4 days Monday - Thursday
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org / 07824 362482 Nuclear Team Hotline – 0845 604 0783
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.