Apply for this job
||Programme Assurance Manager
||Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
Position: Programme Assurance Manager
Job Type: Contract 4 months initial contract / 37 hours per week
Contact: Andy Gee 07824 362 482 / Nuclear Team Hotline 0845 6040783
Overview Role overview/purpose
• Providing Assurance and oversight of a multi £Bn programme incorporating EDFE’s existing nuclear fleet and spent fuel liabilities at Sellafield funded by the Nuclear Liabilities Fund backed by the taxpayer.
• To ensure that contract delivery commitments are met to time and quality and that the NDA Non-NDA Liabilities Assurance (NLA) reputation with regard to its external stakeholders is protected and enhanced.
In addition supporting NDA in its Group Risk and Assurance role and the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy (BEIS) in its approval of new-nuclear build Funded Decommissioning Programmes (FDPs) through assurance of decommissioning plans and cost estimates for each site as they arise including ensuring robustness of NDA process and outcome to possible external scrutiny.
Other knowledge and qualifications include:
• Educated to degree standard or equivalent
• Demonstrable experience in complex programme management, project management or engineering
• Relevant professional qualifications such as through ACE or APM would be an advantage.
• Experience in working with various contracting models - Cost reimbursable, Target Cost and Fixed Price.
The post will require regular travel to London, EDFE’s offices in Gloucester and Glasgow and its power stations. The Nuclear Decommissioning Authority is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion in our workplace and so if you’re a suitably qualified applicant we’ll welcome your application whatever your gender, race, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status or age.
Key deliverables include:
To deliver a structured, proportionate and pragmatic approach for ongoing assurance of EDFE’s liabilities discharge plans and budgets, within the Letter of Nomination and the conditions of the HMG/EDF restructuring Agreements:
˗ Specifying and coordinating assurance activities to provide an independent assessment of the confidence and predictability to BEIS of EDFE’s delivery programmes and projects and benefits realisation activities.
˗ Driving resolution to identified risk and assurance trends and themes. As part of this proactively ensure previous & new approval conditions/recommendations are effectively addressed by EDFE and facilitate the benefit from the learning within NDA’s estate.
˗ Oversight of performance against plans budgets and contract requirements, ensuring the benefits of learning from the NDA estate are transferred to EDFE to ensure VFM in their discharge of liabilities.
˗ Leading cross-functional assurance reviews in a matrix environment of decommissioning plans, developing securing clear criteria for the quality underpinning of these plans and developing robust assurance arrangements
• Assurance of new nuclear build decommissioning plans and cost estimates for each site as they arise including ensuring robustness of NDA process and outcome to possible external scrutiny.
• Supporting assurance activities to provide an independent assessment of the confidence and predictability to BEIS of NDA’s programmes and projects.
• Directly support the Head of Programme: Non-NDA Liabilities Assurance.
• Work with NDA in their management of AGR spent fuel agreements whilst ensuring independence in respect of liabilities to be funded by the NLF.
Support the development of NDA and Government policy towards decommissioning and spent fuel management.
Additional information about the process
The Intermediaries Legislation Applies to this assignment
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Nuclear Works welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Nuclear Works is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business