Apply for this job
||Waste Loading Plan Engineer (Part Time)
||Low Level Waste
||45.00-55.00 GBP per hour
Part time role - 3 days
Engineer responsible for checking of customers’ Waste Loading Plans (WLPs) in accordance with appropriate standards and providing internal assurance to the Packaging Design Authority. Responsible for providing advice on WLPs in a timely fashion to enable customers’ waste shipments.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake LLWR’s internal qualification (RP0099) to become a Waste Loading Plan reviewer. Following qualification against RP0099 and a suitable trial period, this role may be undertaken remotely
• To provide technical engineering support to the Package Services Team in support of Waste Loading Plan processes and services, including preparation of bespoke loading plans for internal and external customers
• Carrying out engineering assessments of customers’ waste loading plans
• Provision of advice on waste loading configurations for compliance with specific package design documentation and national and international regulations and guidance.
• Excellent working knowledge of preparing calculations to BS EN 12195-1: Load Restraining on Road Vehicles – Safety, Part 1: Calculation of Securing Forces
• Engineering qualification (HNC or equivalent) from an accredited institution in a relevant mechanical discipline
• Ability to ensure high standards and fundamental process requirements are maintained when under pressure to deliver and ability to challenge others at all levels of the organisation.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in the production of high quality technical reports, specifications and engineering documentation.
• Strong attention to detail.
•Working knowledge of TCSC Code of Practice 1006 – Guide to the Securing/Retention of Radioactive Material Payloads and Packages during Transport
• Working knowledge of the IAEA Regulations for the Safe Transport of Radioactive Material
• Accredited by an appropriate professional institution (i.e. Incorporated/Chartered Engineer) or capable of achieving Chartership and working toward that objective.
Additional information about the process
Waste Loading Plan Engineer (Part Time)
Location: Calderbridge, Cumbria
Salary: 45-55 Ltd
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 6 months
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org - 07599548238
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.