Apply for this job
||Risk Practitioner (Warrington)
||45.00-55.00 GBP per hour
To deliver a risk management service with suitable tools, processes, procedures and techniques, to support portfolio/programme & project decision making. To ensure the business is fully focused on successful achievement of its commitments, goals and objectives To provide specialist knowledge to lead and drive Risk Management improvements through the Central Risk Team
Key deliverables will include but not be limited to:
• Advice and Assurance activities on risk outputs from Projects adopting the revised ‘Programme Contingency Modelling Methodology’ agreed with the NDA
• Review risk application and seek to deliver risk management to best practice standards
• Working within the framework of Sellafield Limited Management system (SLMS) risk procedures and practices, drive improvements in the understanding and benefits of risk management and work with the risk QSRA team to drive process change where required
• Liaison and collaboration with the Risk Management Capability on the refinement of procedures, practices and methods as LFE arises from ‘early adopter’ project delivery to innovate a refreshed risk process and associated outputs which deliver project benefits
• Ensuring the quality of risk data and conducting assurance activities
• Specifically provide specialist / innovative modelling capability and support and share with the Risk Modelling Teams to enable them to improve their capability
• Ability to work on complex Major Projects including where there are a number of interdependencies and interfaces between other projects and programmes and/or with other programmes, businesses or enterprise requirements across the site.
• Ability to work with both internal (including, but not exclusive to, Board of Directors/Executives and external stakeholders including, but not exclusive to, Professional Bodies).
• Provision of intelligent advice, coaching and challenge to both internal and external stakeholders
• Knowledge and understanding of project controls processes for planning, estimating and cost control to challenge at an appropriate level for risk escalation and analysis.
• Knowledge and understanding of assurance and governance required and the ability to peer review and sign off Risk Practitioner risk information and QSRA analysis
• Arranging the escalation of risks, issues and opportunities from Projects and / or Business Areas to Programme for approval.
• Support the application of the risk management professional framework for emerging tools and techniques, and delivering their use into the business.
• May be educated/qualified to QCF Level 5/6 within the risk profession, suitable relevant work experience in a safety-critical environment may be considered in lieu of formal qualifications where appropriate, including an in depth knowledge, understanding and where appropriate considerable experience in one or more of the following:- programme/project/operations/maintenance management/safety (both conventional and nuclear)/ design/engineering or commercial
• Membership of an appropriate professional body, for example IRM, APM, IOSH etc
• Significant knowledge, experience and understanding of defining change management and implemention
Additional information about the process
Risk Practitioner (Warrington)
Location: Birchwood, Warrington
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 12 months,
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org - 07599548238
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
This vacancy has been deemed inside of IR35.