Apply for this job
||Senior Project Engineer - Mechanical
||Hinkley Point A
||437.00-437.00 GBP per day
Position: Senior Project Engineer
Rate: Day rate £437 LTD Inscope of IR35
Job Type: Contract 12 months initial contract / 37 hours per week over 4 days Monday - Thursday
Contact details: email@example.com / 07824 362482
/ Recruitment Team Hotline 0845 604 0783
Responsible Engineer for site waste tank retrievals project. Project lifecyle stage requires a review of existing designs.
Demonstrable broad Project Management experience of procuring, installing, commissioning through to site operations within a hazardous waste environment. Preferably within a nuclear sector waste handling and recovery projects.
Essential and Desirable Skills and Qualifications
• Appropriate HNC, National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 5; preferably degree level (NQF level 6) or working towards
• Membership of a relevant Engineering Institution
• Significant experience in a practising disciplined Engineering role on industrial plant
• Significant experience of nuclear and/or conventional project engineering
A Mechanical design background is preferred
• Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
• Manage engineering support to the project.
• Contribute to production of Project Execution Plans including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
• Support project optioneering process.
• Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects.
• Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
• Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
• Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
• Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instruction/method statements/risk assessments.
• Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
• Approve as built drawings.
• Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning
• Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
• Liaise and consult with system engineer and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
• Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
• Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
• Review on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
• The post holder may be required to undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and act as a site intelligent customer.
• Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
• Deputise for Section Head when required.
• The post holder may be required to undertake emergency scheme duties
Additional information about the process
Shortlisting and Interview selection: WC 19th August
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Nuclear Works welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. Nuclear Works is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business