Apply for this job
||Central and South East
||Radioactive Waste Management
||15.33-15.33 GBP per hour
This role will support the Waste Management Records Approval Programme by producing project plans and monitoring, reporting and influencing the performance to an agreed schedule, cost and quality.
• Work with Project Manager and Waste Management Specialists to produce detailed and robust project plans for assigned projects
• Monitor and challenge project performance and identify issues and risks to be referred to project and programme boards.
• Produce and maintain a Schedule of planned Records Approvals and the programme for Live Records Approvals to support efficient and effective management decisions.
• Support the implementation of the overall planning and scheduling framework
• Monitoring and assuring the consistent use of the planning approach across the portfolio, following appropriate escalation routes where necessary
• Ensure project plans are appropriately challenged, defined and analysed.
• Support the delivery areas to develop robust project schedules and reporting
• Conduct basic analysis on plans to provide insight to Project Managers that will help to enhance delivery and improve decision-making
• Support delivery of training in the implementation of planning processes and procedures, including driving the sharing of learning and continuous improvement across the portfolio.
• Support the continual development and updates of planning and scheduling processes, procedures and documentation on a regular basis to ensure continuous improvement.
• Ensure programme plans provide sufficient data required by Programme Performance for reporting.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Highly organised, ability to organise complex large work programmes
• Attention to detail, able to work in a highly regulated environment and manage critical interfaces and dependencies
• Ability to manage and take ownership of small projects, desire to work in a heavily project-based setting
• Educated to degree level with a desire for further training such as PRINCE2
Additional information about the process
Location: Harwell, Oxfordshire
Salary: £15.33ph PAYE + 38 days annual leave (inc BH)
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: Until end of March+
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org - 07599548238
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.