Apply for this job
||Records Programme Planner
||Central and South East
||Radioactive Waste Management
||15.33-15.33 GBP per hour
This role will support the Waste Management Records Approval Programme through the production of project plans, monitoring, reporting and influencing performance delivery to agreed scope, schedule, cost and quality. The role is embedded within the Waste Management Directorate/Department and reporting to Project Manager of Waste Management. A key interface will be with the Programme Management Office Planning Manager responsible for Waste Management Project Planning. This role has no direct reports but is expected to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable successful influencing and support of colleagues in relation to upholding planning and scheduling standards.
• Understand Programme Office functions including but not limited to Schedule, Cost, Risk and Change Management. Work to support Company strategy, Programme, projects and functions also including its stakeholders, Government departments, Regulators, Contractors and Waste Producers.
• Work with Project Manager and Waste Management Specialists to produce detailed and robust project plans for assigned projects
• Monitor and challenge project performance in terms of agreed scope, schedule, cost and quality and identify issues and risks to be referred to project and programme boards.
• Produce and maintain a Schedule of planned Records Approvals and the programme for Live Records Approvals to support efficient and effective management decisions.
• Support the implementation of the overall planning and scheduling framework for the Company portfolio.
• Support the definition, development and maintenance of planning processes and tools to support effective scheduling and resource management across the portfolio.
• Support the execution of an effective means of monitoring and assuring the consistent use of the planning approach across the portfolio.
• Support delivery areas to ensure project plans are appropriately challenged, defined and analysed.
• Support the delivery areas to develop robust project schedules and reporting to help the Records Approval Manager, Project Managers and Waste Management Specialists deliver to time and cost.
• Follow appropriate escalation routes to ensure planning processes and procedures are consistently adhered to across the portfolio.
• Conduct basic analysis on plans to provide insight to Project Managers that will help to enhance delivery and improve decision-making on the management of dependencies and critical path.
• Support delivery of training in the implementation of planning processes and procedures, including driving the sharing of learning and continuous improvement across the portfolio.
• Support the continual development and updates of planning and scheduling processes, procedures and documentation on a regular basis to ensure continuous improvement.
• Ensure programme plans provide sufficient data required by Programme Performance for reporting.
• Proven experience of establishing and implementing a planning approach on complex large work programmes in a regulatory environment, managing critical interfaces and dependencies
• Proven experience of working in a rigorous programme controls environment
• Project Management certificate or equivalent experience (P3M3, MSP, Prince2)
• Proven analytics capabilities
• Experience of Primavera P6 Project Management scheduling software
• High level of personal impact and effective interpersonal skills
Additional information about the process
Records Programme Planner
Location: Harwell, Oxfordshire
Salary: £15.33ph PAYE + 38 days annual leave (inc B)
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: Until end of March+
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org - 07599548238
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.