Apply for this job
||Service Operations Manager
||50.00-60.00 GBP per hour
The Role Description
The Service Operations Manager will be responsible for maintaining a highly available production environment which can effectively support Sellafield’s business needs. The Operations manager will work closely with the Service Operations Lead and attend meetings when required.
The Service Operations Manager will work with the service operations team in supporting Sellafield’s day to day IT operations. This will involve substantial engagement with both internal and external stakeholders having an influence on Service Management activities. The role will also work within ISO’s Service Management framework and will ensure that compliance against the processes are adhered too.
• Primary contact for internal and external stakeholders engaging with Service Operations team
• Identify and drive improvements in business engagement for service impacting activities
• Strong technical understanding, whilst the role isn't a hands-on role a good understanding is required to ensure both internal and external influences and their ability to impact service availability are understood.
• Drive continuous improvement and stability in change, information security and request fulfilment
• Work closely with the Disaster Recovery SME’s to create and maintain system documentation and disaster recovery procedures and test schedules.
• Enhancement of the Identity Management service with ISO Service Operations.
• Stakeholder management both internally and multiple external suppliers
• Contribute to defining performance measures for IT services.
• Create and critically review knowledgebase articles for accuracy and relevance
• Ensures the maximum value is achieved for all service contracts and identify service level misses to gain penalty claw back
Role Context & Challenges
• Be able to work within complex environment
• To be able to orchestrate across multiple teams is an environment that is not clearly defined
• To be able to create clarity where there is uncertainty
• To be able negotiate between stakeholders to agree the desired outcome
Qualifications / Experience
• Demonstrable experience within IT Service Management is essential
• ITIL Foundation Certificate
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in supporting business applications and infrastructure solutions
• Minimum of three GSCEs or NVQ equivalent including Math’s and English at Grade C or above and/or relevant vocational training, qualifications and considerable experience
• Experience of IT Service Management Software
• Excellent stakeholder engagement and organizational skills
• Good communication skills, written and oral
• Ability to liaise, engage, guide & influence Senior Management.
• Technical qualifications are not essential but a basis understanding of networks, file sharing and data storage would be useful.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks, good organisational and communication skills. Will need to manage stakeholders closely and take charge of events
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.