Apply for this job
||IT Business Analysts
||54.00-54.00 GBP per hour
IT Business Analysts
Location: Chapel Bank, Workington, Cumbria
Rate: £54 per hour
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Joanne Anders - 07927563874
The Role Description
The IT Business Analyst supports the methodical investigation, analysis and documentation within Sellafield Ltd of existing and/or new business process, systems and data.
The IT Business Analyst serves to define business needs and requirements for improving any aspect of the information technology systems which serve the business and creates viable specifications in preparation for the construction or improvement of information systems. The IT Business Analyst will support stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle by assessing the impact of change and ensuring that activities are aligned to ensure successful integration into the Business.
• Support the integrated ISO demand process for managing business requests into delivery processes.
• Provide analysis methodologies, techniques (application, data, and process modelling), and consultation in support of collecting, defining, and translating business needs & requirements.
• Develop hybrid knowledge of both the IT services capabilities (supporting roles, processes, systems, and strategies) in addition to possessing familiarity with the expertise in the business areas they support.
• Understand the business process & systems landscapes.
• Leverage IT to create value-added business solutions for risk/cost reduction, process enhancements, & efficiencies.
• Identify business process re-engineering opportunities for increased efficiencies or better adoption/usage of information systems pursuant to the delivery of requested solutions.
• Serve as intermediate representative/advocate role for the business pursuant to work requests.
• Facilitate catalogue / commodity / baseline services / project requests on behalf of the business.
• Identify, implement, and comply with applicable safety, environmental & quality, company procedures, policies, legislative, and regulatory requirements.
• Maximising within the project the use of Learning from Experience (LFE) and disseminating new LFE to relevant functions.
• Pursue personal development and identification of appropriate training.
• Be knowledgeable & proficient in the application of all Company appropriate SLPs, working practices and approved IT systems.
• Additional responsibilities may be assigned according to business requirements.
• Travel as required
Qualifications / Experience
• Demonstrable experience of working in a business change / improvement environment
• Demonstrable experience of leading business process redesign activities.
• Knowledge of a number of business information systems
• Demonstrable experience of requirements management, including elicitation, prioritization and validation of Business requirements.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office suite
• Excellent analytical skills and an informed, evidence-based approach
• Proven problem-solving abilities
• A passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change
• Basic knowledge in generating process documentation
• Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills, with the ability to talk to and present to a range of audiences, sometimes acting as a translator between parties
• Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
• Highly self-motivated and directed
• Keen attention to detail
• Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
• Degree in appropriate subject, or equivalent years’ experience
• BCS Diploma in Business Analysis or equivalent
• Six sigma Green Belt, Yellow Belt, Lean Belt or equivalent
• LCS (Lean Competency System) 1c accreditation or equivalent
• Project Management experience
• Experience of Agile methodology
• Experience working in a highly-regulated environment.
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.