Apply for this job
||High Activity Waste Programme Engineer
||Central and South East
||Radioactive Waste Management
High Activity Waste Programme Engineer
Rate: Negotiable on experience – Inscope of IR35
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Contact details: Joanne Anders - 07927563874
Responsible for leading and supporting a number of work packages and tasks within the Higher Activity Waste Programme.
Direct report to Project Manager – Innovation & Delivery with no direct reports to the post holder.
Close liaison and interaction with NDA staff, Radioactive Waste Management Limited staff, Low Level Waste Repository Limited (specifically National Waste Programme staff) and SLCs including Magnox, Sellafield and MoD
The Role Description
Project management and technical contribution to and delivery of Higher Activity Waste Programme work tasks
• Provision of technical input to the Higher Activity Waste Programme, principally in the areas of opportunities related to Radioactive Waste Management Limited specifications.
• Provide project management support to the Project Manager – Higher Activity Waste Programme as required.
• Following the identification of opportunities through engagement with stakeholders, the job holder is responsible for working closely with the relevant Site Facing Team to ensure the opportunities are realised,
• Interface with RWM colleagues, particularly the Concept Selection Manager, the Waste Package Specification and Guidance Manager, the Disposability Assessment Teams and others as required to ensure that technical input to specific work tasks is accurate, and to communicate the outputs of these tasks.
Qualifications / Skills
• Good first degree in science or engineering subject.(Desirable)
• Chartered membership status (or working towards it) in relevant professional institute.(Desirable)
• Candidates must have worked in the nuclear industry and currently hold or previously held security clearance.
• Waste Engineering background or extensive experience in Waste Management essential.
• Must have experience of; Permits, Waste acceptance criteria, development of waste packages and Radiological waste transport
• Working knowledge of the inventory of higher activity wastes, including knowledge of the form, characteristics and hazards of the wastes. (Essential)
• Good understanding of the requirements for the management and geological disposal of radioactive wastes and materials. (Essential) as well as up to date / modern methods / processes for disposal.
• Familiarity the NDA Value Framework and its application to the Higher Activity Waste programme.
• Familiarity with current / most up to date waste management plans and baselines across the estate (as detailed in Life Time Plans).
• Proven ability to produce clear, concise written technical work that is appropriate for a range of audiences.
• Familiarity with the Letter of Compliance Process.
• Ability to communicate at all levels.
• A pragmatic, problem-solving approach, in particular the ability to identify the key issues and distinguish the essential from the ‘nice to have’.
• Willingness to work as a team member and learn new skills.
• The ability to work on parallel tasks, often to tight deadlines.
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.