Apply for this job
||Part Time Waste Package Specification & Guidance Manager
||Central and South East
||Radioactive Waste Management
||300.00-300.00 GBP per day
Responsible for the production of waste package standards and specifications based on appropriate disposal concepts and underpinning safety cases. Working 2 days per week to cover secondment.
• Develop and maintain justified standards and specifications for waste packages, based on defined long-term management concepts, for different categories of radioactive waste.
• Develop and maintain a suite of guidance material aimed at users of the packaging standards and specifications to explain the basis for specification criteria and how they can be implemented in practice.
• Publish the packaging standards and specifications and associated guidance, in forms that best meet the different needs of the full range of stakeholders including waste packagers, regulators, and environment agencies.
• Develop and publish guidance on topical subjects to assist packagers of waste and other groups: guidance to be developed based on NDA research and development, safety assessments and/or assessments conducted in support of preparation of formal advice;
• Contribute to strategy for the development of Waste Acceptance Criteria that incorporates the existing generic specifications and that will ultimately be used to demonstrate the compliance of packaged waste with the needs of transport and for acceptance at an operational disposal facility.
Responsible for providing advice on waste package requirements for materials that might be declared as waste
Responsible for the performance of technical evaluations, in specified areas, as part of specific LoC assessments
• Current valid SC Clearance is essential
• First degree in science or engineering subject.
• Chartered membership status or working towards it, in relevant professional institute (Desirable)
• Broad experience of the nuclear industry, or similar engineering industry.
• Familiarity with radioactive waste management issues.
• Ability to plan and manage interactive programmes of work to ensure milestones are achieved and delivered to the required standard.
• Proven track record of producing technical documentation within time, cost and quality constraints and for a range of audiences.
• Good project management skills, including the management of contractors and the ability to work on parallel tasks, often to tight deadlines.
Additional information about the process
Part Time Waste Package Specification & Guidance Manager
Location: Harwell, Oxfordshire
Salary: 300 per day
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: Until end of September
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – email@example.com - 07599548238
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.