Apply for this job
||Mechanical Commissioning Engineer
||Central and Southern Scotland
||310.00-387.00 GBP per day
To provide fit for purpose engineering solutions for projects or engineering support on more complex projects. To ensure that design authority standards and configuration control are applied appropriately.
• Identify project functional requirements and stakeholder needs for assigned project.
• Contribute to production of Project Execution Plan including design, safety case and commissioning strategies.
• Support project optioneering process.
• Develop concept design and fit for purpose engineering solution for projects
• Produce and/or approve project technical specifications.
• Manage detailed design activities in accordance with design authority standards.
• Prepare modification proposals as required, acting as a Nominated Responsible Engineer where appointed.
• Carry out technical assessment/approval of contractors work instructions/method statements/risk assessments.
• Provide technical supervision of construction/deconstruction activities to ensure compliance with design intent.
• Approve as built drawings.
• Specify and provide technical supervision of commissioning and/or decommissioning.
• Manage hand over to systems/operations ensuring that all drawings, instructions and training have been supplied as required.
• Liaise and consult with system engineers and other stakeholders throughout project life cycle to ensure efficient and effective project delivery.
• Maintain site configuration control throughout project lifecycle.
• Comply with all Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Quality policies, procedures, work instructions and risk assessments and support the continuous improvement of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality on Site.
• As a customer-focused individual, the post holder will be expected to support delivery within his or her range of skills, knowledge, experience and competence.
• Review of on-site and off-site events and root cause analysis to promote improved working practices.
• The post holder may be required to undertake delegated responsibility for the Design Authority and act as a site intelligent customer
• Contribute to the effective development and delivery of training within own area of specialism.
• The post holder may be required to undertake emergency scheme duties.
• Appropriate HNC, degree or National Qualifications Framework (NQF) level 5/6
• Experience in a practising disciplined Engineering role (Mechanical, Electrical, C & I or Civil) on industrial plant.
• Experience of nuclear and/or conventional project engineering
• Understanding of relevant Company and/or national engineering standards.
• Membership of a relevant Engineering Institute
• Chartered Status.
• Working knowledge of the Safety Rules and working knowledge of risk assessment methodology.
• Understanding of relevant Site Licence and Quality Management System requirements.
• Working knowledge of CDM Designer role
• Contract Management experience
• Project delivery experience
Additional information about the process
Mechanical Commissioning Engineer
Location: West Kilbride
Salary: 310-387 per day LTD or 22.15ph PAYE
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 12 months
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – firstname.lastname@example.org - 07599548238
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
This contract has been deemed inside of scope IR35.