Apply for this job
||Low Level Waste
||53000.00-65000.00 GBP per year
The Waste Portfolio Commercial team requires a Contract Manager to lead, direct and develop Waste Management Services Framework Contracts.
This will involve managing a small team, providing leadership, expert advice, guidance and direction to the commercial team and wider business.
Ensuring the company delivers the services required, manages new and residual commercial risks, and realises opportunities and benefits through the Waste Services Frameworks and Contracts suppliers and customers.
The appointed individual will ensure the consistent application of the contract management disciplines within the Waste Management Services (WMS) and lead in enhancing and developing the frameworks & contracts.
The role would report into the Head of Commercial - WMS but must maintain a close working relationship with the WMS’ Customer and Operations Teams and any programmes or projects which support the LLWR business.
• Ensuring the generation of contract and commercial management deliverables, including reporting against progress to the Head of Commercial - WMS, to the wider business, the Shared Services Alliance, the NDA and internal and external Stakeholders.
• Leading and managing a team and providing guidance to assist them in the delivery of commercial services to company standards and expectations.
• Manage the identification, analysis, and management of contract and commercial risks, issues, and assumptions.
• Manage and advise on the application of further competitions, co-ordination & assessment of tender documentation and producing recommendation for award, (framework terms are based on NEC 3&4 Service Contract).
• Ensure contract and commercial management of services and projects placed through the waste treatment service frameworks including monitoring, reporting and assurance activities against progress.
• Provide support and guidance to both internal parties and external customers and suppliers.
• Lead on service project transition and development of commercial service documentation and processes (e.g. service quotations, plans, risk registers).
• Lead in the establishment of new supplier relationships and appropriately strengthen and maintain existing relationships.
• Set and monitor personal and team performance objectives.
• Manage and assist the review of the C&CM Internal management systems to align with, and cope with, new service requirements for contract management and the wider business.
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
• Strong commercial & contract awareness
• Ability to manage and lead a team of individuals.
• Experience of establishing & maintaining suitable supplier relationships.
• Excellent organisational & time management skills and able to work independently and prioritise workloads under pressure.
• Able to communicate effectively with employees and suppliers at all levels in order to provide an effective service. Strong written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills will be required.
• Experience of leading or clear involvement in complex business programmes.
• Able to establish and then strengthen strong professional relationships between employees and our supply chain in order to support and achieve the company strategic objectives.
• Mature and measured personal presence and belief to influence and work with personnel in a fast moving service delivery environment, with many competing priorities and strong personalities.
• Knowledge of public procurement regulations, or alternative structured procurement system, to support the further competition processes.
• Degree (minimum 2:2) with relevant experience.
• Professional qualifications in relevant field and/or suitable relevant experience in contract management covering a range of services.
Desirable Skills & Qualifications:
• MCIPS or RICS
• Experience with NEC 3/4 service contracts.
• Complex service contract mobilisation, management & close out
• Able to demonstrate experience in public sector purchasing & contract management.
• Experience in a Quantity Surveyor role or similar
• Full UK driver’s license
Additional information about the process
Location: Calderbridge, Cumbria
Salary: £53-65k + Excellent benefits (38 days holiday, bonus, healthcare)
Job Type: Permanent
Contact Details: Charlotte Williams – email@example.com - 07599548238
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.