Apply for this job
||I.T. Project Manager (SAP)
||50.00-55.00 GBP per hour
I.T Project Manager (SAP) - Based Workington, Cumbria – 12 months - £55Ltd
SAP Hana/S4 Upgrade Project
Project Scope Statement/Justification:
To support the delivery of an Applications Rationalisation and transformation programme aimed at reducing existing obsolescence and improved alignment to corporate & ICT strategy.
This will include management of individual multi-million pound discrete projects at all stages of the project lifecycle (front end study, implementation to close out) such as:
• P6 Upgrade Project, migration, replacement & decommissioning of previous
• Sharepoint Upgrade Project
• Caesar/Cimage Upgrade Project
• SAP Hana/S4 Upgrade Project
• Applications Decommissioning
• Applications Upgrade Project
The PM will operate autonomously to deliver the project outcomes within defined parameters & tolerances in conformance with the Management system and utilising matrixed manpower resources supplied by the company.
Experience is required in managing delivery of some of the following applications - Oracle, Solaris, Citrix, SAP Business Suite 7, SAP HANA & ASE ,SharePoint, Oracle, Windows Server 98/200/2003, SQL, MS Access and Windows NT.
This programme is very much about driving business change as well as technology so strong stakeholder management and business change skills will be required.
The scope includes:
• Purchase of software/hardware
• Implementation and configuration of software/hardware
• Data Migration
• Decommission of legacy software/hardware
Specific Role Responsibilities
• Managing project team to deliver specific project outcomes
• Be responsible for the development, implementation and management of a robust and effective delivery Strategy
• Produce a brief but concise Project Execution Plan
• Consult with the Projects Planning team to ensure any issues impacting delivery are captured and assessed against the Project Plan
• Working with the supplier in reviewing a weekly progress dashboard to ensure the delivery is to agreed programme.
• Ensuring that suppliers are fully accountable for their contracted deliverables (e.g. components and supporting documents).
• Implementing and complying with applicable safety, environmental and quality, company procedures, policies, legislative, regulatory, requirements.
• Developing, maintaining, reporting and trending an accurate project baseline.
• Maximising within the project the use of Learning from Experience and disseminating new LFE to the relevant functions.
• Implementing and maintaining the project and supporting functions interfaces.
• Providing accurate and timely information and reports regarding the project status, activities and performance.
• Identifying risks and implementing effective risk mitigation strategies.
• Implementing and maintaining effective integrated project execution strategies and plans.
• Implementing and maintaining effective communication to the project team and stakeholders.
• Meeting the specified project functional criteria.
• SQEPed at PMII
• At least 7 years’ experience managing the delivery of IT projects
• Able to manage multiple stakeholders
• Experience of risk management
• Experience of execution planning
• Experience of data migration
• Experience in decommission of applications
• Business change management experience
• Experience is required with SAP, Oracle, HANA, Solaris, Windows Server
• Experience is required on some of the following applications - SharePoint, Windows Server 98/200/2003, SQL, MS Access and Windows NT.
• Degree qualified (2:1) or equivalent
• Member of APM or PMI
• APM PMQ or equivalent
Additional information about the process
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.