Apply for this job
||Project Controls Lead
||International Nuclear Services
Project Controls Lead
Location: Westlakes, Cumbria
Rate: £Negotiable on experience; Inscope of IR35
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 months, starting in June. (possibility of being extended further).
Project controls are the data gathering, management and analytical processes used to predict, understand and constructively influence the time and cost outcomes of a project or programme; through the communication of information in formats that assist effective management and decision making.
Consequently, the project controls discipline can be seen as encompassing:
• Project strategy, undertaking planning and methods studies to help the PM optimise future outcomes;
• Scheduling including development, updating and maintenance;
• Cost estimation, cost engineering/control and value engineering;
• Risk management, including maintaining the risk register, risk analysis and assessment;
• Earned Value Management and Earned Schedule, including WBS, OBS and other breakdown structures,
• Assessment and diagnosis of schedule and cost performance;
• The elements of a project management methodology that integrate these disciplines both within the ‘controls’ domain and with other project management functions;
• Project Controls encompass the people, processes and tools used to plan, manage and mitigate cost and schedule issues and any risk events that may impact a project.
Establishment and maintenance of control systems and tools to enable Costs, Schedule and Risks to be managed effectively. The project control approach is to be documented by the PCM in a Project Control Management Plan (PCMP).
• Produce/manage production of an appropriate Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
• Produce/manage production of an appropriate control estimate aligned to the WBS.
• Establish and communicate the booking codes for the programme/project.
• Contribute to the company budget exercises.
• Produce/manage production of an appropriate Earned Value Management system (EVM).
• Produce/manage production of financial and EVM reports with suitable data analysis.
• Produce/manage production of a suitable change control system.
• Produce/manage production of the Estimate at Completion (EAC) on a regular basis.
• Produce/manage production of the monthly Programme Managers/Customer report.
• As cost above, key deliverable being a developed and maintained, detailed costed baseline schedule.
Produce/manage and maintenance of a suitable risk register in order to identify and quantify relevant risks and bring them to the attention of the Project Team.
Work with risk owners in order to conduct suitable risk assessment and risk management strategy
Perform periodic risk analysis, feeding risk inputs and analysing and communicating risk outputs
The candidate will also;
• Manage own workload, including time and deadline management.
• Manage own performance including self development.
• Manage health and well being.
• Manage overall workload, performance, health and well being
• Undertake other activities commensurate with their skills and experience as and when required.
• Support and implement corporate decisions and initiatives.
Key Skills and Experience:
The role requires an individual with experience of operating in a project controls environment (emphasis on Planning experience) with the ability to use or develop appropriate tools (excellent spread sheeting and analysis capability).
They should have a working level knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM).
Typical qualifications, experience and skills required are:
• Good standard of education, or equivalent experience (e.g. ACCA, CIMA)
• 1 to 3 years of project-specific practical experience as PCM or Project Controls Lead .
• A professional project controls-related qualification (or working towards)
CURRENT SECURITY CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE: BPSS level
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.