Apply for this job
||18.19-26.48 GBP per hour
Location: Reporting office will be Oldbury (OTC).
Rate: £18.19 PAYE basis OR circa £20.81 - £26.48 LTD per hour.
(Inscope of IR35)
Hours: 37 hours per week.
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6 Months (until Dec 2019)
The organisation is looking to secure the assistance of 3 x Microsoft Desktop Engineers to assist with the modernisation of desktop computing, combining upgrading to Windows 10 and Microsoft 365 desktop client solutions.
The position requires skilled and experienced Desktop Engineers with experience of mass rollout of Windows 10 to organisations with over 2,500 users. The roles will be based primarily in the South West, and may entail occasional travel to other parts of the UK.
• To test the compatibility of the organisation’s current desktop software solutions with Windows 10 & Microsoft 365 solutions
• To manage and mitigate incompatibility issues arising from testing
• To repackage, test and deploy applications to enable remote deployment onto Windows 10 via SCCM
• To manage the rollout of Windows 10 & Microsoft365 client software to Magnox laptops and desktops across the organisation
• Testing of application compatibility in a controlled and rigorous way
• Development of mitigations based on a planned matrix of responses to incompatibility
• Creation / Updating / Removal of Applications / Software Packages for Workstations in SCCM
• Maintain Windows Updates deployment process
• Create / Update SCCM queries for reporting and deployment
• Review inventory of applications installed and categorise
• Maintain driver packages and boot images
• Build / Maintain Windows 10/Microsoft 365 deployment process
• Maintain Office 365 installation, XML files, update settings
• Perform pilot migrations
• Perform mass migrations
• Provide end-user post-migration support, including floor-walking
• Respond to tickets escalated from Desktop Support
Essential skills & Experience
• Previous experience of Window10 mass rollout
• Experience of Application testing, including maintenance of test records and progress reporting
• SCCM (minimum 1/2 years' experience)
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Office 365 (XML file maintenance and deployment)
• Windows Update (deployment using SCCM)
• Group Policy
• Understanding of packaging methods / files types
• Microsoft Azure end point security solutions e.g. BitLocker
• MCSE - Mobility Certification
• ITIL V3
• Knowledge of other Microsoft 365 applications, e.g. PowerApps, Flow
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.