Apply for this job
||Analyst / Senior Analyst
||20827.00-30009.00 GBP per year
The purpose of the post is to deliver analytical work.
The Job Holder will carry out the day-to-day operations of the laboratories.
The Job Holder will:
• Undertake and deliver sample preparation, routine analysis and reporting to the lab or team leader, including testing and internal calibrations, ensuring that CSS reporting deadlines are met.
• Assist the Laboratory Leader/Shift Chemist in ensuring operational delays are minimised by identifying constraints leading to unplanned downtime.
• Report possible non compliances to the Laboratory Leader/Shift Chemist and propose and deliver corrective actions to close out non-compliances.
• Perform method development, validation and uncertainty estimation.
• Maintain a daily log and report progress and/or problems to Laboratory Leader/Shift Chemist.
• Prepare technical documents for review.
• Perform non routine and emergent sample preparation, analysis.
• Undertake safety checks, report and take appropriate action.
• Perform required Laboratory Inter Comparison exercises.
• Maintain relevant Analytical Proficiencies.
• Undertake audits on UKAS aspects of the Quality Management System.
• Be required to undertake shift work on a rota basis.
• Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to the post.
HNC in Science or equivalent qualifications plus experience
Experience and familiarity with Laboratory Analysis and relevant Quality Management systems.
Will consider Trainee’s at Analyst level for the Senior Analyst positions.
*Closing date for applications - Friday 17 May 2019*
Additional information about the process
Title: Analyst / Senior Analyst
Analyst: £20,827 per annum PAYE
Senior Analyst: £30,009 per annum PAYE
Job Type: Contract
Contact details: Carron.Smith@capita.co.uk
Tel: 01847 891062 or 07753221031
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.