Apply for this job
||Senior Characterisation Specialist
||340.00-415.00 GBP per day
The purpose of the post is to provide waste characterisation support to DSRL to promote and deliver an effective and compliant waste characterisation service that adheres to the site’s waste strategies.
The Job Holder is responsible for delivering specialist advice that promotes the effective and efficient utilisation of waste characterisation processes. This includes but is not limited to devising and implementing sample plans, set-up, control and maintenance of the Dounreay Site NDA systems and undertaking assessments and calculations to characterise waste material.
The Job Holder will:
• Apply specialised characterisation knowledge and experience to assist DSRL organisations and project teams in implementing the lifetime plan and waste and fuel strategies for the site.
• Provide advice on characterisation to the waste directorate and site project teams.
• Review and report to the Waste Characterisation Manager problems and incidents, establishing causes and identifying, recommending and implementing solutions as required
• Manage, model and interpret waste characterisation data sets.
• Act as a key stakeholder in a range of waste processes, including DMRs, HAZOPs, UNOR investigations, BPM assessments.
• Provide specialist characterisation support to interface with internal and external stakeholders including NDA, SEPA, ONR and EURATOM.
• Develop and implement improvements to the characterisation parts of the Dounreay Waste Management System including but not limited to technical specifications, procedures and advice notes.
• Review and approve/endorse waste characterisation documentation including advice notes and activity assessments.
• Mentor characterisation specialists on matters related to regulatory and waste compliance.
• Provide site training on waste and fuel characterisation.
• Represent DSRL at national and international waste characterisation forums.
• Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post. Be appointed to RWA Corporate Body.
• Manage DSRL staff as a Line Manager.
Degree in Science/Engineering or equivalent qualifications plus experience
Experience and familiarity with Waste Characterisation and Characterisation planning in a decommissioning context. (Experience of all or some Inferred/Calculation, Non-Destructive Assay and Laboratory Analysis approaches to activity assessment and fingerprint generation). Will consider Trainee’s at Characterisation Specialist level.
*Closing date for applications - Friday 17 May 2019*
Additional information about the process
Title: Senior Characterisation Specialist
Salary: £340 - £415 per day LTD
Job Type: Contract
Contact details: Carron.Smith@capita.co.uk
Tel: 01847 891062 or 07753221031
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.