Apply for this job
||Senior Research Manager
||Central and South East
||Radioactive Waste Management
||47000.00-47000.00 GBP per year
Responsible for the development and delivery of research strategy, research programmes and obtaining solutions in specified areas of expertise.
Research strategy and programme delivery
• Responsible for management of ongoing research within the areas of wasteform and container evolution. This includes contracts within the supply chain, academic and international projects.
• Responsible for contributing to and supporting the development of RWM’s technical strategy and plan.
• Responsible for obtaining solutions (including scientific knowledge and modelling) by acting as intelligent client for RWM’s research programme relating to wasteform and container evolution.
• Responsible for research input to disposability assessments and strategy development with Higher Activity Waste (HAW) team in accordance with RWM procedures.
• Responsible for scientific liaison with University Departments, industry wide scientific fora and scientific institutes.
• Responsible for acting as technical authority and providing authoritative advice and input to RWM in the area of wasteform and container evolution.
• Responsible for acting as a senior representative at national and international scientific fora and events, as appropriate.
• Responsible for developing, maintaining and communicating RWM’s scientific knowledge in specified areas and for ensuring that the knowledge database in these areas remains up to date and its relevance to future work is well-defined.
• Responsible for interpretation of research outcomes and translating these into advice to other RWM departments.
• Responsible for understanding the content and relevance of overseas research programmes to RWM’s safety case and engineering interests.
• PhD or masters degree in science or engineering subject.
• Chartered membership status in relevant professional institute preferred.
• Good knowledge of areas of science of relevance to geological disposal.
• Experience in management of research
• Understanding of the needs of the disposal system safety case and the scientific basis for disposal of radioactive waste.
• Knowledge of the form, hazard and characteristics of higher activity radioactive wastes.
• Excellent networking and stakeholder management skills
Additional information about the process
Senior Research Manager
Location: Harwell, Oxfordshire
Salary: Circa 47k Equivalent
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 12 months (Maternity Cover)
Contact details: Charlotte Williams – email@example.com – 07599 548238
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
This role has been deemed inside of scope of IR35.