Apply for this job
||Senior Health Physicist
The purpose of the post is to provide radiation protection advice and support to DSRL on the observance of the Ionising Radiations Regulations 2017 and other related topics.
The Job Holder will be responsible for providing the site projects with relevant and timely information and support in line with legal requirements. Main Responsibilities.
The Job Holder will:
• Undertake Health Physics competence assessment.
• Provide expert advice and guidance to the Dounreay site on the implementation of radiation protection management processes and standard.
• Contribute to the development of and provide specialist radiation protection training.
• Support the maintenance of codes of practice, standards and guidance.
• Participate in the site audit programme as a specialist advisor.
• Develop and undertake local audit and inspection to ensure compliance with DSRL management systems and IRRs.
• Deliver specified tasks from the Dounreay Plan.
• Assist in the development of site emergency procedures and contingency arrangements.
• Interface with stakeholders, including Regulators and auditors on radiation protection issues
• Represent DSRL at internal forums.
• Supervise and support Health Physicists and trainees.
• Provide Health Physicist cover to site on a rota basis.
• Be an appointed RPA.
• Support the implementation of emerging topics as defined by the RPM.
• Perform the responsibilities of Management Appointments relevant to post. Be appointed to RWA Corporate Body.
Essential & Desirable Skills
• Minimum of 5 years Health Physics experience required
• Degree in Science or equivalent qualification plus experience
• Radiation Protection Advisor Certificate
• Holder of RPA 2000 Certification
• Experience as an RPA on a Nuclear Site
• Experience of radioactive waste operations
• Good effectively communication skills both verbal and written
• Experience in the production of Radiological protection documentation including Risk Assessments and Operating Procedures and Instructions
• Detailed knowledge and understanding of Dosimetry and relevant key legislation
• Have a thorough understanding of the philosophy behind and application of regulatory and legislative requirements
• Have a thorough understanding of the philosophy and practical application of Radiological Protection
Additional information about the process
Title:Senior Health Physicist
Job Type: Contract
Contact details: Jessica.McSherry@capita.co.uk
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
*Closing date Wednesday 17 April 2019*
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.