Apply for this job
||50.00-50.00 GBP per hour
Rate: £50 per hour (Inscope of IR35).
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Joanne Anders - 07927563874
The Role Description
We are currently recruiting for an Event Manager to be based in Warrington on a 12 month contract basis, with some travel (fortnightly) required to Cumbria.
The purpose of this role is to be responsible for IT Event Management within Service Operations including Incident, Request and Availability Management processes. To ensure Incident, Request and Availability is effectively operated and managed to support the efficient and effective delivery of IT Services to the business. To ensure that all supporting services are delivered in line with the agreed SLA and Contract.
• Responsible for the quality and performance of the Incident, Request and Availability Management processes either delivered by the IT Service Provider or Internal to Sellafield Ltd against agreed Key Performance Indicators and Critical Success Factors
• To act as a Major Event and Major Incident Manager and be responsible for the Major Incident Process
• Responsible for the Operational Management of security incidents
• Ensuring the Incident, Request and Availability processes are reviewed and audited
• Ensuring that Availability controls are maintained and reviewed by liaising with Information Security and HR
• Ensuring that Availability Control is aligned with the Starters, Leavers and Changes processes
• Ensuring Availability controls are regularly audited
• Ensuring the Non-standard requests are reviewed to ascertain whether any can be added to the standard request catalogue
• Reviewing standard requests to ensure they have the required business value and changing/removing as required in the Request Catalogue
• Ensuring that Improvement Opportunities and Risks are captured in the appropriate logs
• Has authority as delegated by the Service Operations Lead
• Performs to the required values, attitude and behaviours as required by the level of the role
• Ensures the maximum value is achieved for all service contracts and identify service level misses to gain penalty claw back
Role Context & Challenges:
The business unit has defined an IT Service Management Strategy which sets out the vision for the improvement of capabilities and controls required to deliver the outcomes and objectives needed for Sellafield Ltd. The IT Service Improvement Programme has been established to develop ITSM capabilities (processes) that were found to be at inadequate levels of maturity. The role holder is required to rationalise and standardise existing processes and procedures, developing maturity in line with the target capability levels to achieve the desired outcomes (end state) - Restore normal service operation to the needs of the business and minimise the adverse impact on business operations
Qualifications / Experience
• The candidate will come from a hand on operational background who can respond to incidents and deal with issues that arise quickly. As such someone from a technical background will be ideal.
• Demonstrable experience within IT Service Management
• ITIL V3 Foundation Certified (Essential)
• ITIL V3 Operations Lifecycle Certified
• Audit and analytical experience or understanding
• Minimum of three GSCEs or NVQ equivalent including Math and English at Grade C or above and/or relevant vocational training, qualifications and considerable experience
• Experience of IT Service Management Software
• Proven leadership, facilitation and organisational skills
• Good communication skills, written and oral
• Experience of working in Nuclear Energy or similar safety-critical environments.
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.