Apply for this job
||Low Level Waste
||20.24-20.24 GBP per hour
The Procurement Officer role is designed to provide vital services to the company through the Procurement function within C&CM
• Leading the delivery of mini competitions through company frameworks and external frameworks;
• Management of evaluation/moderation processes, including stakeholder training;
• Supplier management;
• Understanding of contract terms and conditions to ensure that contract management can be delivered effectively;
• Prepare pre-tender documentation such as Invitations To Tender, and Selection and Award Questionnaires;
• Leading tender evaluation exercises and preparation of tender evaluation reports;
• Identify, assess, and manage relevant commercial risks.
• Support to OJEU procurement delivery and leading the delivery of sub-OJEU procurements;
• Support to other complex/specialist procurement projects (LLWR-only and Shared Services Alliance Collaborative Procurements (CPs));
• Prepare and assist in the preparation of procurement strategies.
Day-to-day commercial responsibilities
• Maintaining an awareness of suppliers and services in order to support the needs of the department;
• Stakeholder management;
• Support and deliver internal and external reporting requirements;
• Support to procurement and wider C&CM management teams;
• Attending meetings – internal and external – including representing Deputy/Head of Procurement as required;
• Maintain effective working relationships with the supply chain;
• Supporting the NDA Collaborative Procurement programme;
• Ability to act as Participant Lead for Collaborative Procurement processes.
• Achieve individual Performance Objectives set by the Line Manager;
• Following the business processes that support the Commercial & Contract Management Team as
defined in the LLWR Management System;
• Be available for reasonable travel (including possible overnight stays)
• Abide by the company’s Standards and Expectations;
• Be fully aware of individual Environmental Responsibilities.
Essential Skills/ Qualifications:
• Understanding of the OJEU process/Procurement Contract Regulations (PCRs);
• Understanding of formal tender assurance processes;
• Ability to act as Participant Lead for Collaborative Procurement processes;
• Experience of Further Competition management;
• Understanding of moderation/consensus meetings;
• Ability to provide basic procurement/PCRs advice;
• Knowledge of eProcurement systems.
Desirable Skills/ Qualifications: •
Detailed understanding of OJEU/PCRs;
• Ability to provide intermediate procurement/PCRs advice:
• CIPS membership/working towards.
• Understanding of the SSA/NDA procurement landscape;
Additional information about the process
Location: Calderbridge, Cumbria
Salary: £20.24ph PAYE
Job Type: Contract
Job Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Charlotte Williams – email@example.com – 07599 548238
This role has been deemed outside of scope of IR35.
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.