Apply for this job
||CS&A Project Responsible Engineer (RDP)
||Low Level Waste
||45.00-60.00 GBP per hour
CS&A Project Responsible Engineer (RDP)
Location: Drigg, Cumbria
Rate: £45-60 LTD, Outside IR35
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Joanne Anders - 07927563874
The Role Description
This is a key role providing the engineering capability needed by RDP. It will deliver Civil, Structural and Architectural (CS&A) and geotechnical engineering production, verification and assessment of specifications, calculations, analysis and design for the RDP on behalf of the site.
Essential & Desirable Skills
• At least five years relevant experience serving in a construction engineering or design capacity with responsibility for the production, checking and approval of designs including drawings, specifications, calculations, and reports.
• Broad knowledge of industry consensus standards, processes, procedures and methods relevant to the CS&A and geotechnical engineering areas with a full understanding of underlying principles.
• Proven ability to manage and prioritise own workload against multiple stakeholders and competing priorities.
• Can demonstrate having the ability to engage and impact on others and work effectively as part of a wider team.
• Ability to ensure minimum standards and fundamental process requirements are maintained when under pressure to deliver and ability to challenge others at all levels of the organisation.
• Confident with good verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to liaise with external parties, as primary contact would include clients (at a technical level), contractors, and government agencies.
• Knowledge & experience of Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015).
• Experience in the UK and/or an overseas in highways, rail or landfill civil engineering.
• Experience of leading design teams undertaking design packages as part of a major highway scheme, or small to medium size projects.
• An excellent working knowledge and experience of applying relevant highway design codes (e.g. DMRB).
• Ability in, and demonstrable experience of, the application of 3D design software packages (e.g. LSS InRoads, MX, Civils 3D, etc) on projects
• Solid experience in one or more areas of technical capability such as earthworks design, alignment, drainage and pavements.
• Ability in design and/or construction contract and specification preparation.
• Experience of design and build engineering cycle.
• Experience in working with supply chain contractors
Production, checking and approval of fit for purpose civil and geotechnical engineering design and construction activities in accordance with relevant legislation, standards and industry practises.
• Ensuring design and construction activities are undertaken with safety, environmental performance, operational effectiveness and constructability duly considered.
• Generating and/or managing the generation of design deliverables including specifications, calculations, Health & Safety requirements, technical reports and drawings etc.
• Retain oversight of relevant local council planning conditions and requirements relating to RDP and management of engineering and design activities in line with these conditions and requirements.
• Provide an engineering interface into optimisation and optioneering studies in the development of fit-for-purpose engineering solutions.
• Management of the Live Services Drawing and support for the Excavation Process.
• Carrying out condition assessments and civil asset inspections for civils structures and site infrastructure.
• Work within the site processes and in accordance with the Quality Management System.
• Identifying appropriate engineering and geotechnical standards and practices to be used for the delivery of engineering work.
• To be competent in the selection of materials and standard components to suit the design criteria.
• Maintaining technical competence and currency with respect to modern standards and methodologies relevant to the CS&A and geotechnical engineering disciplines.
• Promoting and facilitating best practice and the sharing of CS&A and geotechnical design and engineering Learning From Experience (LFE) across the site.
• Participation in engineering study meetings, design reviews, HAZCONs, Design Authority Technical Reviews, Document Review Committees.
• Engineering graduate (min 2:2) from an accredited institution in a civil engineering, geotechnical engineering or engineering geology discipline or experience with the equivalent appropriate professional qualification
• Accredited by an appropriate professional institution (i.e. Incorporated/Chartered Engineer) or capable of achieving Chartership and working toward that objective.
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.