Apply for this job
||Strategic Planning Manager (Interim)
||Central and South East
||Radioactive Waste Management
Title: Strategic Planning Manager (Interim)
Job Type: Contract Duration: 12 Months
Contact details: email@example.com Tel: 07927 563874
Purpose of Role
This role will manage the strategic planning activities of the RWM Programme and provide advice at both programme and project levels. The role will be required to cover a wide range of capabilities, from managing the governance framework, through to undertaking business and capability planning to support delivery. It will also be responsible for establishing and managing the prioritisation framework.
SCOPE OF JOB:
To manage the strategic planning activities of the RWM Programme and provide advice at both programme and project levels.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
This role reports directly to the Head of Strategic Business Planning. This role has no direct reports but will require strong interpersonal skills that will enable them to successfully influence and challenge colleagues. This role is expected to deputise for the Head of Strategic Business Planning as required.
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support the definition and management of the overall P3M governance framework for RWM. • Define, develop and maintain the business planning cycle and business cases to support effective operational planning across the RWM Programme.
• Define, develop and maintain the capability planning processes and tools to support effective capability management across the RWM Programme and delivery lifecycle.
• Work with delivery areas and Business Services to ensure the P3M strategy, approach, progress and successes are regularly communicated to the rest of the organisation.
• Support definition of business planning scenarios and end of FY planning frameworks.
• Establish and execute an effective means of monitoring and assuring the consistent use of capability planning, scope and requirements management and stakeholder management practices across RWM.
• Act as the SME for capability planning, scope and requirements management and business and operational planning across the programme, providing expert guidance to P3M stakeholders.
• Work with delivery areas to ensure scope, requirements, capabilities, business cases and stakeholders are appropriately challenged, defined and analysed.
• Conduct analysis on capabilities, scope and requirements to provide insight that will help to enhance delivery and improve ways of working.
• Provide support and training to delivery areas in the implementation of capability planning / scope and requirements, including driving the sharing of learning and continuous improvement across the RWM Programme.
• Review and update capability planning / scope and requirements / stakeholder management processes, procedures and documentation on a regular basis to ensure continuous improvement.
• Significant experience in implementation of operational and business planning solutions, including scope, requirement and capabilities
• Significant experience in developing business cases in a complex large infrastructure programmes in a regulatory environment
• Proven experience in strategy development, strategic business delivery and programme communications
• Experience of working in a rigorous programme controls environment
• Excellent analytics capabilities and experience performing statistical, data analysis and analytical problem solving
• Excellent knowledge automated analytics tools and systems
• High level of personal impact and effective interpersonal skills
• Excellent stakeholder management skills as an effective communicator and ability to influence senior stakeholders
• Desired but not essential: Project Management certificate or equivalent experience (P3M3, MSP, Prince2)
Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules does apply to this assignment.
Additional information about the process
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation. NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.