Apply for this job
||Interim Head of Portfolio
||Nuclear Decommissioning Authority
||600.00-700.00 GBP per day
Location: North West Cumbria
Salary Rate: £600 -£700 per day
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 6- 12 months
Contact details: Leanne.Whalley@capita.co.uk Tel: 07725631101
Purpose of Role
Accountable to the Head of PMO, this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Management Leader to join the NDA at an exciting point in time.
The Head of Portfolio will be instrumental in the development of the function, delivering simplification, standardisation, and discipline to ensure the NDA optimise programme and project capability of the enterprise portfolio.
This role will develop strategy, P3 capabilities, frameworks, policies, and processes. Whilst supporting the Head of PMO to provide programme oversight to the executive, the focus will be on delivering successful outcomes and inserting P3 capability.
Scope of Job:
• Supporting the Head of PMO in the strategic development of the function within the NDA Corporate Centre and acting as their deputy when required.
• Further developing and implementing a best practice framework and lifecycle management process for the initiation, delivery and performance management for NDA Corporate Centre led Programmes and Projects.
• Identifying, setting the direction, and implementing tools, policies, processes and procedures that support an integrated delivery of the NDA enterprise portfolio.
• Leading the monthly Executive Programmes and Projects Committee, ensuring all Corporate Centre Programmes and Projects are applying best practice governance and reporting.
• Developing, analysing and optimising the NDA enterprise portfolio by working with corporate planning, business sponsors, and external delivery partners.
• Providing appropriate and timely monitoring and reporting and pro-actively intervening where required to manage NDA priorities, resource allocation, interdependencies and risks.
• Providing expert advice, guidance and support to stakeholders across the NDA involved in the successful delivery of the enterprise portfolio.
• Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with executive leaders and managers to influence them to contribute to, support and adopt policies and processes and drive continuous improvement.
• Maintaining a broad understanding of the NDA business and culture in order to design, develop and implement portfolio management.
• Supporting the Head of Profession, developing and implementing P3 capability and competencies across the Corporate Centre, supporting functional career development and working with industry bodies such as the APM and MPA Operating at a senior level.
Duties & Key Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• Maturity, gravitas and presence with Executives, Board members and Government stakeholders, high levels of emotional intelligence
• Build strong credible relationships with colleagues, external partners and senior stakeholders
• Successful operation in a matrixed, divisional and group headquarters environment
• professional credibility with experience of P3 delivery aligned with functional governance and capability development
• Effective and extensive senior leadership skills and behaviours in line with our core values
• Logical and purposeful approach with strong motivation, resilience and a positive mental attitude. Proven track record, composed and having sound judgement when under pressure
• A true and trusted advisor and team player, committed to serving the public interest and delivering value for money
• Ability to manage and influence teams, providing both opportunity and challenge with a genuine commitment to leading and developing high performing teams, coaching and mentoring
• An appetite to drive simplicity from complexity Other knowledge and qualifications include:
• Educated to degree standard.
• Professional accreditation at the required level with APM or equivalent body
Must have taken AMP or MPA training.
Additional information about the process
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Please note that the client has determined that the off-payroll working rules does apply to this assignment.
NuclearWorks welcomes applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
NuclearWorks is a trading name of Capita Business Services Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business.