Apply for this job
||National Nuclear Laboratory
||40.00-45.00 GBP per hour
Location: Springfields, Preston
Salary: £40 - £45 / hr (In-Scope)
Job Type: Contract
Duration: 12 months
Contact details: Joanne Anders - email@example.com
Capita Resourcing is the strategic resourcing business within Capita plc. We are the chosen provider of agency workers and permanent recruitment for the Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA) collaborative framework, across nuclear sites and offices UK wide.
Additional information about the process
Job Introduction -
As part of NNL’s strategy to strengthen its project management capability, the role of Project Controller has been created to provide key services to support the Project Manager(s).
This is an integral role in the future project management capability and will be linked to the project manager career pathway.
Responsible for provision of Project Controls support services to Project Managers and Business Manager on major projects, and multi-project portfolios of work.
This will include development of Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), project estimating, data analysis and reporting of internal and external project performance, including earned value (EVM), to Project Managers and Engineers.
The Ideal Candidate
Candidate must have relevant level of experience in the successful planning of complex technical projects.
Demonstrable experience of providing PC services on project related work, and ideally across a number of projects simultaneously.
Proficient in the use of Microsoft Project / EPM, along with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint (or other Project Controls software / systems)
Experience of undertaking / contributing to project risk & opportunity reviews.
Demonstrable knowledge of & experience of using Earned Value Management (EVM) tools & techniques
Demonstrable knowledge of change control systems and methodologies.
Association for Project Management Professional accreditation
Experience of delivering Project Controller services in a complex technical / engineering environment
- In conjunction with the Lead Project Manager, generate fully detailed project forecast cost estimates, WBS, and ‘quantity tracking’ tools / mechanisms, to ensure projects are delivered within a robust project controls framework.
- Generate routine Project Manager reports including EV, Estimate at Completions (EAC), burn rates, accruals deviations, progress against delivery milestones, procurement plans and risks.
- Actively address anomalies to maintain robust progress estimates, and carry out data analysis to identify root causes of deviations, escalating any deviations from plan; critical points and/or trends, in a timely fashion to the Project Manager, with proposed recovery steps.
- Carry out data analysis to identify any risks or opportunities, e.g. acceleration opportunities or cost efficiencies, and report these to the Senior Project Controls Representative (Office Lead) and Project Manager to coincide with the overall project risk reviews.
- Identify and track all changes or potential changes to the project baseline and subsequent underpinning of change control mechanisms.
- Maintain the cost control and planning databases and validate data across systems, and ensure the accuracy of data communicated and reported to all stakeholders.
- Support risk reviews and apply risk measures within the plans if necessary.
- Mentor and support Assistant Project Control Engineers in their development.
- Maintain compliance with approved processes, procedures and Project Execution Plans.
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement of the functional quality and performance of the Project Controls team.